BROKEN || Awake

Ella P.O.V

The sound of people murmuring around me and gentle touches here and there to my hands is making me realize that I can't move my body but I am concious of my surrounding and what is going on.

I force my finger to slowly wiggle to get someone's attention but nobody seems to notice it because of how small my actions were. I feel like I'm ready to be awake and live a life like a normal person would but why is my body not allowing me to do so?

I told myself not to give up because you have so much to live for and you are not gonna stop here. Then I tried everything to open my eyes and after I think several attempts I finally opened my eyes.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I see is a very bright light that causes me to squint them slightly. My back aches and my eyelids feels heavy eventhough I tried my best in opening them. My brain feels foggy and a bit disoriented. I slowly move my hands to my head to stop the headaches and wipe my eyes. That's when I noticed couple people in my room and just standing there looking at me with wide eyes like they are suprised to see me.

I mean shouldn't it be me that suprised, not them because they are in my room?

I look at my hands because there is something that restricting me to move so much and I realised on my hands there are cords attached to the iv drips and I tried to remove them because I was scared  but before I even got the chance to do it someone else stop me and calls my name softly like he is scared that it will make me run or something.

that's when I realised who is it, Zayn

"hey hey baby, look at me you're okay and the doctor are on their way to check up on you okay?" He said that so softly while holding my cheeks in his hand. His eyes looks like a sad puppy searching for their owner.

I was about to ask him where am I but then I realized the room looks like a hospital room as the smell of medicine hits my nose and they wallpaper are all white and some information board on the walls about health.

I was so lost in my thoughts as I'm trying to figure out what has happened to me that lead me in the hospital when suddenly the creaks of the door caught my attention. I look up and saw a doctor and nurse walking towards my bed and the doctor did some check up on me and asked some questions about how am I feeling and stuff that related to my health while the nurse is busy jotting down anything important from the doctor.

The whole time of the questioning, I feel anxious because I have so many question yet so little answer. Then something soft on my hand caught my attention. Soft and warm finger slowly intertwined with mine and his thumb rubs my hand softly as it was to reasure me that everything will be alright and it did lessen my anxiety a bit.

I looked up from our hands and see that he was softly staring at me and giving me a small smile that quiet didn't reach the eyes. He looks tired and suprised at the same time. The under eye bags shows that he didn't get much sleep and his hair looks messy like he didn' take care of them but that's weird because the Zayn that I knew will always prioritise his hair no matter what happen.

"Miss Ella?" the doctor call my name to get my attention away from Zayn

I replied with a soft yes to the doctor because my throat feels dry like I haven't drink in a years. Zayn suddenly ask for a water from the nurse to give it to me as he realized that I chocked up on my words.
I take it from the nurse and gulp down half of the water bottle and release a satisfied sounds from throat as they felt so much better already.

"Okay back to the question, what did you remember about the car crash?"

"Nothing" I said with small frown on my face because I should have remember such a big event that happened to me but I couldn't seems to remember anything

"What date is today?"

"Twentieth of August? I was supposed visits my family grave because it was their anniversary death :(

The doctor seems to analyse something and jot down all the important stuff and look at me with a soft and sad smile.

"I'm sorry to say this but right now is the sixteenth of november and you have been in coma for almost a month and it looks like you have lost 3 month of your memory but don't worry with a right treatment in no time your will remember. Besides that you need to be careful and do not do any heavy or dangerous activity that could lead to more damaged as you already have a broken neck, a few broken bones, your rib cage is ruptured but we already fix it so it's gonna take a few weeks or month for it to heal"

I could hear my heart pounding in my chest and my eyes started to water because of how stupid I am to be putting my life in danger but I'm not gonna lie that a part of me wish that I did not survived in the car crash because if that is the case then I can see my family again.

3rd person P.O.V

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. She sunk into the warmth of his side, appreciative of the simple gesture. His touch made the room warmer somehow, her future within its walls seeming a little less bleak. In his embrace the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Ella mind was at peace.

He sniffled quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes but they eventually falls on her shoulder and he tightens his hugs even more. As more tears came, more thought whirled through my head

What if I didn't make it? What will happen to Zayn then? I can't bear to see him crying like this :( my poor baby

•••

That's it and I'm sorry if this story is a bit slow but I'm trying my best to describe everything.

Bear with me guys !! 💖

If you have any question regarding her situation then do comments and I will answer them asap ☺️🥺