C H A P T E R 12

Reading guide:
"Inner sakura(talking)"
'inner sakura (thoughts)"
"Sakura(talking)"/"Sakura(talking)"
'Sakura(thoughts)'/'Sakura(thoughts)'

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Three weeks passed in the blink of an eye, and the morning of the sports festival arrived.

"Oh my kami..." A certain pink haired girl exclaimed in surprised at the sight of UA's crowded entrance. Sakura walked passed the crowd just like before, but this time she wasn't getting chase by some crazy people shoving microphones in her face.

A relieved sigh climbed up her throat as she started making her way to Class 1-A's waiting room, it's surprisingly easy to walk through the crowd. Seeing as it was different from before, she identified only those with microphones are scary. Sakura kept on walking until she saw a sign that says "Class 1-A waiting room", she opened the door and was greeted by Izuku's cheerful voice calling out to her, a smile instinctively crept up her face as she walked towards said boy.

"Sacchan!Aren't you nervous?" asked Izuku, his voice wavered slightly from the clear presence of anxiety. The question remained in her head for a few seconds before she finally realized Izuku is still waiting for some sort of an answer.

She wasn't nervous since it's almost like the chunin exam. Speaking of chunin exam, the genin rookie 9 was far from nervous, they were feeling quite the opposite of it......well except for *cough* a certain *cough* pineapple head. Fond memories during her genin days flickered in her head causing the girl to unconsciously letting a small smile slipped onto her face.

Keeping the smile, Sakura finally answered the long awaited question "No, not really...maybe I've gotten used to it" Hearing her reply, Izuku's eyes shone in admiration as he directed it to the pinkette "Kakkoi(so cool)! Sacchan, I look up to you!" Said girl gave a soft chuckle, her cheeks reddening slightly, she wanted to thank him but was interrupted by the familiar voice of a certain four eyes who barged in and started shouting things about get ready for the sports festival.

The enthusiastic Iida made her giggled a bit.

"Midoriya" a familiar masculine voice called out to her best friend, Sakura turned her head to the sight of Shoto and Izuku facing each other. The corner of her lips curled into a frown sensing the once tranquil atmosphere being filled with tension, she fidgeted on her spot as Shoto continues,

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you. But...

All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Shoto narrowed his eyes in suspicion, watching the green haired boy intensely, so that he didn't miss any kind of reaction.

"I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you" he said with all seriousness in his voice.

A few feet away from them, the girl listened to their conversation with a heavy heart. She stiffened slightly, letting her brain accessed the situation. Images of two certain boys from the past flashed rapidly in her head, a familiar feeling of helplessness overwhelmed her. It reminded her of how it feels to be in the middle and she despise it.

This went on for minutes but to Sakura, it's an eternity. Her body felt like it was paralyzed the whole time the thing was happening.

The tension was getting even thicker and that's when Kirishima decided to interfered between the two. Letting out a breath she didn't know she's been holding, the girl thanked him mentally.

Shoto turned around to walk away from his supposedly rival. However he halted in his movements for a quick second when he saw those gorgeous emerald green orbs that he realized himself to be fond of. Not even a moment later, he forcefully regained his composure and continues on the way out of the waiting room.