Dance of the Hours

Equestria
Canterlot Theater
Many hours later

After such a heartwarming memory, the audience applauds as Twilight prepares to announce the second-to-last number. She was certain the audience will have fun with this.

"Now we're going to do one of the most famous and popular ballets ever written, The Dance of the Hours from Ponchielli's opera La Gioconda. It's a pageant of the hours of the day. We see first a group of dancers in costumes to suggest the delicate light of dawn. Then a second group enters dressed to represent the brilliant light of noon day. As these withdraw, a third group enters in costumes that suggest the delicate tones of early evening. Then a last group, all in black, the somber hours of the night. Suddenly, the orchestra bursts into a brilliant finale in which the hours of darkness are overcome by the hours of light. All this takes place in the great hall, with its garden beyond, of the palace of Duke Alvise, a Venetian nobleman."

Symphony of Sorcery
The Orchestra Stand
Present Time

After their adventure within the Pastoral Symphony realm, our heroes took advantage of a well-earned rest. The Mane Six and Spike each kept themselves occupied while the orchestra was preparing for the next song. Twilight Sparkle, for instance, had spent the past few minutes studying the book Yen Sid granted her and with each turn of a page she grew fascinated with all the magic spells of which some she knew and then others she'd yet to learn. A door opens as Rainbow Dash emerged from the bathroom, an empty bottle of mouthwash is tossed out, and the Pegasus is wiping her mouth with her hoof.

"Finally got the taste out of my mouth," Rainbow muttered. "Thanks again for the mouthwash, Pinkie!"

But answer there came none, as Rainbow Dash eyed the room.

"Pinkie? Hello?!"

"Shh," Fluttershy hushed.

The yellow Pegasus points toward Pinkie Pie, who had been napping on the couch after all the wine she had been drinking.

"Boy, I've never seen a pony drink so much wine in my life," Spike replied. "Even Berry Punch pales in comparison to Pinkie's level."

"I just hope she's sober when she wakes up," Twilight said. "Mark my words, once we get back to Equestria, the first thing I'm going to do is book her an appointment for rehab."

"There's no need to be hard on Pinkie," Applejack said.

"Applejack, do you realize she could've had alcohol intoxication after Celestia knows how much wine she's consumed? I would expect this to happen with Rainbow Dash..."

"HEY!" Rainbow cried, offended.

"No offense," Twilight replied, turning to Applejack. "I'll never forget the time Dash drank too much of Berry Punch's... Well, 'punch', during Spike's birthday party. She passed out for the rest of the day!"

"It was a 'one-time' thing, Twilight," Rainbow retorts. "Come on, I'm sure 'you' did something like that long ago."

The unicorn/alicorn princess merely gives Rainbow Dash a serious frown, even Rainbow would know when a friend is not amused.

"Uh, heh-heh... Maybe not."

"So in other words," Vinyl spoke, to Twilight. "You were boring?"

That question was enough to make Twilight's eyes small as pinpricks.

"Boring?! Me?!" Twilight asked, offended. "Excuse me for using my brains before rushing into things. Some pony has to be more careful than others."

"You know, Twilight, it ain't that bad to do something crazy or stupid once in a while," Applejack said, rubbing her neck. "I admit I'd know a thing or two."