Chapter 1: Team Flare*

My first assignment was assigned in the Glittering Cave, where my team and I were instructed to collect some fossils to sell and make a profit so we can collect more money to make our plan work. I would think my life savings, and everyone in our team's, money, would be enough, but there was always more to be collected. Fine by me.

I joined this organization so that I can live a day without having to walk pass the ugly people who make this world dirty and contaminated. Even the Pokémon are filthy, being used by people to do whatever they want.

In this lifetime, Pokémon are tools of war, and if we continue to let these kind of people live, the poor Pokémon who will remain by our side will be more free than ever imaginable! I can't wait a single second! But I have to in order for things to go smoothly.

"It's really dark in here" one of my teammates said as we walked through the Glittering cave, passing all the glowing crystals that gave us a bit of light we needed to get through the cave and towards the workplace the paleontologist use to dig up fossils and whatever.

"As soon as we get to where we need to be, we won't have to worry about light" I said, leading the way. We had a total of 10 individuals, including myself, on this mission. They were anxious to not get lost in the dark cave that didn't even let the light of our flashlights pass "The area where the scientists work at has enough. We'll be fine" I sighed and continued walking until we made it to the open area with light above our heads

"There's light" I said, staring at all the lightbulbs. I was instructed everyone to scatter to get the job done while I stayed behind by the entrance just in case anyone comes in to disturb us.

I looked around with my Pokémon beside me sniffing some rocks in a cart on the train tracks.

"Stay on guard. We are securing the entrance" I told my Fennekin. It listened and jumped to stand beside my feet with its tail wagging happily. I snorted with a slight smile, seeing the happiness it was holding. Don't worry, little guy... whenever our dreams come true, you'll be released and live happy in the new world.

I've had my Fennekin before my parents passed away. It was the only thing I had left of them, and it always stuck to my side no matter what. I would hate to release it, but Pokémon will not belong to anyone anymore. They will be free. When that day comes, trainers will only be a historical term.

For the pass two hours, I did nothing but stand around and watch the entrance while my teammates were in and out with some fossils in hand. I wanted to at least help, but because I was one of the best trainers with a stronger Pokémon than them, I had to be the guard to stop anyone from coming in, even if I was in charge.

"It's so boring..." I sighed. Fennekin barked and smiled at me "I'm sure you're not bothered. You're just relaxing on my foot. I'm surprised it didn't fall asleep" I chuckled, joking. Fennekin's tail stopped wagging and it's ears purked up like it heard something from the entrance. Before I had the chance to turn to see who was walking my way, I heard a girl speak.

"So cool!" She laughed. I turned around to spot a tall girl with the most sparkling blue eyes I've ever seen. She smiled like no other. I was quiet for a moment, watching her looking around with her Froakie before noticing me. A Froakie?

"Oh!" She smiled, hiding her hands behind her "I didn't expect to meet anyone here" she winked "must be fate" I flinched, not expecting that enthusiasm. Her smiled was genuine, but hold a kind of cockiness in it. She seemed very spontaneous from how she said that. She laughed at the end "Just kidding!" She slowly walked towards me. I snapped out of it and kept my guard, confusing her.

"What's this?" I held my chin, observing her. She blinked a few times, studying me "What do we have here? A nosy trainer has come poking around?"

"Oh?" She held her chin as well "You don't look like a scientist. Am I missing something?" She smirked "I'm poking around? What are you exactly doing here?" I didn't like her tone. It was making my eye twitch from how annoying it was, but she couldn't see through my stylish red glasses.