Truth - 01

Café

"Caramel Macchiato please. Trenta, less ice. Make it faster, I'm on a hurry."

God, what a day.

2 quizzes after a recit, she knew she needed a boost. It took nearly 15 minutes before the server call her name. That consumed her patience. Isa sa pinaka-ayaw niya ang maghintay 'cause time is gold. Yes, as cliché as it sounds, who cares?

She made her way towards the exit when someone suddenly disrupted her path. Mabuti na lang at tighty-sealed ang container kung hindi, uuwi siyang malagkit.

Isang-isa na lang, sasabog na ako.

She quickly surveyed the person who bumped her to show her annoyance.

A girl? Annoying.

A DASUanian? Much more annoying.

Normally, she would yell at her or utter a curse, but not this time. The least thing she wanted this afternoon is another drama. She's drained for Pete's sake.

She was about to roll her eyes and ditch her when the woman flashed a wide, bright smile, enough to almost make her at ease.

A samaritan? Interesting, huh?

She shifted her gaze and scanned her body from head to toe. She made a Miranda Priestley iconic stare to give out an impression that she wasn't delighted.

The woman went back from her reverie and was about to touch her hand, but she flinched.

"I'm sorry po. I wasn't paying attention." She said shyly. She even pushed back some strands of her hair that escaped her messy bun.

She's nice naman pala. I thought she's the type of person who'll ignore the victim and walk away after an accident.

Good thing she's sorry, or else my day would be ruined to ruins.

For a greasy, little nobody, she had a good bone structure. If her face were to take a meat cleaver at its center, it would result to matching halves. A symmetrical face, not bad. She also had a good taste in fashion. It looks like I'll be having a friend today.

She decided to let the mishap go since her sincerity is unquestionable.

"It's fine, sweetheart. See you around."

"Really? I'm glad I didn't make the Legendary Monika mad. I'm a fan of yours." The girl giggled.

So knew me? Maybe that's why she's a little shy.

"Are you?" Her prying eyes shot towards the lady's angelic face, but it costs no effect. It did not to faze her. Monika was taken aback.

"I'm really sorry. If only I could do anything to make up for annoying you." The lady was obviously persistent for being even. Monika was caught off guard.

Since she really needed a boost today, she thought of inviting her in a little chat. Yes, she didn't know her except she's shy towards her and she studies in the same university. But, there's something with her that made her curious.

"Well, what about a chat? It looks like you're interesting enough to be an acquaintance. I've had too much for today."

"OMG? Is this a dream?" They laughed, but not too much. Elegance and poise are Monika's.

"I'll just get my drink, madam"

The afternoon warmth was scorching, but they managed to ignore it all. It was awkward at first, but as soon as boys became their topic, they have created their own space. Monika was the one who did the speaking, but she had fun releasing the frustrations and drama that consumed her that day or the other days, a stereotypical girl-to-girl talk. The other girl is a heck of listener. Or so she thought.

It turned out that she's also a smooth talker. She easily brought topic from topic without being awkward. She already forgotten her frustrations the whole day just by talking to her.

God, what a day.

Hours have passed l before Monika got a ring from her brother. She knew it was time.

Her family had such a huge deal with curfews. Although she's already in college, she had her limited time outside. Her parents are an avid fan of strict implementations of house rule traditions.

I guess I needed to go home na.

She looked at her phone to see it's nearing past her curfew. Her mother would throw a fit if she's late. Her father, on the other side, may confiscate her privileges.

God, what a day.

"I really want to talk to you more, sweetheart. Too bad it's already late. Wished we met earlier though." Disappointment was evident in her voice. Her new friend smiled at her with such adoration.

"Don't worry! We might meet sooner or later." The girl tried so hard to cheer her up, so hard that it almost sound too enthusiastic and so sure that they'll meet again.

Something is off.

She brushed the thought away, thinking nothing can come out wrong befriending her. Right? She hardly know her.

Holy crap!

A realization suddenly hit her like a truck. She doesn't even know her name, yet she babbled all this time!

"Hey, sweety. I forgot to ask your name. You know I'm Monika, right? What's yours?"

"Katarina. Katarina Velasquez." Pretty name, suits her well.

Monika handed her phone to Katarina, signaling her to put her digits unto the phone.

"I think I'll just call you Kat. Anyways, toodles?"

Monika left their place after placing a kiss on Kat's cheeks. Minutes after she left, Kat immediately called someone from her home.

"It's me, Kat. You would be thrilled after hearing this! I made friends with Monika! Yes, the Monika. Okay, I'll tell you the deets when I get home. Take your rest and drink your meds. I'll be home in 30. Love you, mwah!"

Finally. God, what a day.