Fidelity - 11

Night

"What is she doing here?" Jared whispered to himself.

Something isn't right.

Minutes ago, he was ready to confront the mysterious girl until his sister, Monika, walked towards her, and they started talking.

He knew that Monika is the Miss Congeniality type of woman, but to think that she was affiliated with the girl almost sounded too much of a coincidence.

He hid himself behind the curved wall of the hallway, as the two girls chitchat while leaning on the railings.

He tried to eavesdrop, but they're too far from him so he settled with faint murmurs and cackles.

"Kuya?" Jared jumped out of surprise and immediately turned around.

He saw his brother, still wearing his uniform.

"Dwight? Bat ka nandito? Hindi ba dapat nasa bahay ka na?"

He knew that his mother was too protective over Dwight, so it's a surprise to see him on a malpark behind his curfew.

"Sinong tinitignan mo dyan, kuya?" Dwight tried to peek out, but Jared quickly grabbed his collar and dragged him away from their place.

"Bakit ka ba nandito? Umalis ka na nga!"

"Uy, dre! Anong ginaga- Dwight? Bat ka nandito?"

The siblings looked at Chester who came shortly after Jared dragged Dwight. Chester was surprised to see his friend hauling his brother.

Although Jared is a tall guy, Dwight's height is comparable to a basketball player's that's why their height difference is only a few inches. He wondered how frantic Jared must be to make his adrenaline boost his energy to lug his brother.

Something isn't right.

"Umuwi na tayo."

"Pero kuya-"

"No buts."

Dwight had nothing more to say. Once his brother says no, it's a no. They exited the mall, but his kuya seemed a little off. He might had seen something that stirred his insides.

The evening was quiet until they reached their house.

"San ka galing? Bakit ngayon ka lang?"

He froze as soon as he heard his mother's voice. He was carefully walking, so his mother wouldn't notice him, but he failed. He turned around and lowered his head.

He's doomed.

"I am asking Dwight. Didn't you hear me? Ano? Magsisinungaling ka na naman? Pati ba naman ikaw? "

He remained mute. He can't open his mouth due to his fear.

"Tinatanong kita! Saan ka pumunta?!"

He jumped on his place due to how loud his mother's shout was.

It was deafening. He felt weak.

His mother scolded him once or thrice, but the amount of tension of those is incomparable to what he's feeling right now.

His mouth was zipped and his feet were nailed to the ground. He was scared.

"Hindi ka sasagot?!"

He heard heavy footsteps approaching him. He knew it was his mother's. His antipation was met when he felt two strong hands shaking the hell out of him, pretty much like how a hawk would claw on its prey.