Fidelity - 12

Visit

So her name's Kat. But who is she exactly?

Jared realized that Monika gave him a nickname minutes after she left. He's still processing everything that he forgot to ask her full name, let alone the spelling. He's basically clueless.

Now, he's busy searching the Web for anyone who's: (a) a Kat/Kath/Cath/Cat; and (b) Monika's friend.

Unfortunately for him, she had hundreds of Kat friends and none of the profile pictures matched the mystery girl's physique.

So who exactly is this Kat?

He gave up browsing and just slept. He'll probably ask her mother, Monika or Dwight tomorrow. Whoever they may be.

When he woke up, the house seemed  haunted. Everyone acted like there's a ticking bomb planted under the roof.

His father, in the other hand, is unusually engaging. He kept preaching them with life lessons during breakfast. He never did that before.

"When I was young, I used to be obedient to my parents. That includes curfews. Alam niyo naman siguro ang kahalagahan ng curfew?"

He looked over to his side, only to see his sister's Maundy Thursday face and his brother's Good Friday expression. He had no problem obeying the rules, but Monika's a rule-breaker and Dwight went beyond the line yesterday.

"Isiah, cut it. Sige na, kain na kayo." He thanked his mother for that.

His father excused himself after finishing breakfast to take care of some important documents. He doubted it.

After knowing his father's secret relationship, he can't help but to put malice on his actions and excuses. He can't help it.

After he finished eating, Jared signaled Monika to leave his mother and Dwight alone for them to talk exclusively. Good thing, she got it. Besides, he needed to talk to her more about Kat.

Karina looked at her son's plate, and it's still half full. Everyone were done except him.

He's not well.

She decided that it's time to talk to him about last night, so she can apologize for what she had done.

She figured he's still shocked.

"Dwight, look at me." She tried to be as calm as possible.

Dwight slowly looked at her. He stopped chewing his food and looked only at her eyes. She exhaled air before continuing to speak.

"Anak, I'm sorry for what I did last night. With the shop and everything, I lost it. I'm just really stressed, that's all." She said in an apologetic manner.

She wouldn't want her son to misunderstood her. She treasured her children very much.

Karina reached for her son's hand. She noticed that Dwight has been quiet. Normally, especially on a weekend, he would skip his way towards the dining room, humming whatever melody there is.

But a while ago, he just walked like a zombie.

"Okay lang po, Ma. Naiintindihan ko po. I'm sorry rin po." He placed his other hand on top of Karina's as a gesture of his forgiveness, and smiled weakly to comfort his concerned mother.

He can't say that he's not okay.

He was hurt, but he deserved it. Although her mother went beyond, he knew very well that she had it worse.