Truth - 05

Convention

"Dwight, I'll be attending a convention tomorrow. Kayo lang muna ni Kat bukas so do good, okay? Here, have some more."

She passed the bowl of delicious Afritada to her son, engaging him to eat more.

Pumapayat ata siya.

"Saan ka pupunta, Ma?" Dwight asked while savoring her cooking. Buti na lang at nasarapan siya sa niluto.

"Sa Makati, Anak. For our business."

She owned a flower shop down the road of their villa. It's a simple two-storey pastel-themed shop that sells ornaments, flowers, and seeds. They also included organic fertilizers and humidifiers for a complete package. It's a good pastime especially for her, a housewife. Or so she once thought.

Since her promotion as a full-time wife and mother, she decided to do something aside from typical house chores. She wanted to be the best possible mom as possible.

That is why she did her research for businesses that she can do or handle given her status. It took some time before settling in a flower shop, but it turned out quite the money-maker.

I did not expect that.

She envisioned her shop as something that's non-profittabe since the flower industry in the Philippines is dying, a tragedy for flora lovers like her. She already braced herself that her boutique will not bloom but will only thrive and she's contented with that. Besides, it's just a hobby.

Her mother owned a garden back in the days. Her childhood was filled with flowers, butterflies and plants. She always loved nature. It brought her a different feeling of divinity and tranquility. It was like a safe haven for her, a get-away from the reality. That is why her hobby includes gardening.

One day, a prominent figure asked her shop to be the supplier for an event. She made sure that everything will go well.

In the end, her shop gained favors and praises from people she didn't expect to do so. She was overwhelmed with the compliments she received.

As of today, Fontanilla Flora is one of the rising flower shop in the region. It's known for a wide variety of flowers which can't be found on regular boutiques. They also treated their plants with a special solution which made it more fragrant and last longer. Their bouquets and baskets are also praised for its intricacy and bold combinations which pleases whoever sees those.

In short, Fontanilla Flora is a flower bomb.

I did not expect that.

"Where's Ate and Kuya, Ma? I thought they'll be joining us for dinner. Also, Papa? Sayang, this Afritada is really good." Dwight, unknowingly, hit a soft spot in his question.

As a mother and a wife, it saddens her to know that their family will not be complete when dinner arrives.

A family that eats together, stays together?

I wish.

The reason why she cooks appetizing food every evening, non-stop, is because she's hopeful that once in a while, they'll be a whole family in suppertime.

A frown escaped her smiles upon remembering the imperfection of her family. Dwight noticed that.

"Ma, don't be sad. I'm here naman. I'll finish your food, I promise!" Magiliw na sambit ni Dwight bago tuluyang nilamutak ang niluto ng ina.