~The Begining~

"JUSTICE FOR GEORGE!"

"BLACK LIVES MATTER"

The crowd was screaming mercilessly at the police right in front of us. We were all on our knees protesting peacefully, my father to my right screaming " NO JUSTICE NO PEACE". I could see the pain in his eyes. Since mom passed he decided to leave the special forces. He became an activist and public speaker, talking about the harsh reality of society and the blatant racism inside the force. Things like that got him into trouble but even at his old age he always believed in standing up for what was right.

"NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!'

We held our banners and together we rioted. In no time the police started to throw tear gas into the crowd. Everyone started to take cover. I tried grabbing my father but he stayed fixed.

" Dad they are throwing tear gas we got to move quickly"

" No, we have been running away from this for far to long "

The police started to march forward continuing throwing tear gas at us. I could see he was having a hard time breathing and tears started to stain his cheeks. I ran back for a moment to one of the water stations for protesters and grabbed a bottle of milk. I turned back trying to get back to the front lines, when they started shooting with rubber bullets. I felt panic spread through my body, this was war.

I headed to a clearing through the crowed and could spot my dad, he was in the foetal position and in front of him a line of fully equipped cops. Soon everything seemed to happen in slow motion. All the screams and plea of people was drowned out by silence. As he tried to raise from the foetal position a cop used the back of his baton and hit him right on the side of the head. I could see his body go limp and fall. I felt numb, stunned. I couldn't believe what I just seen.

Soon I came back to my senses and tried to run to my dad. The cops started shooting me but I didn't care. I could see them smirk while they put him into handcuffs and dragged his limp body away.

"NOOOO! STOP!!"

I feel someone grab my arm and try pull me back, but I wasn't focused on that. They grab me by the waist and easily place me on their shoulder carrying me into an ally way. I was distorted and only focused on the police and my dad. The tear gas made it hard to see but I was still frantic.

' Dad... I need to go help him.."

" Please calm down."

I then felt two cold hands pull my face and liquid fall down my face. As it calmed the burning I started to take in my surroundings and the mysterious person.

" WHY DID YOU GRAB ME?"

Standing in front of me was a tall man with full artillery from head to toe. I was quite shook while trying to look at him through his mask.

" Because you were running straight into the rubber bullets, there was nothing you could do."

I stood up angrily, looking straight at his mask.

" nothing I could have done? They hit and dragged my fathers limp body and you expect me to run away?"

' You cant do much your just a girl they will overpower you."

My blood was boiling and the adrenalin I once had started to wear off. All I could feel was pain, but I wasn't going to stay silent.

" But hear you are, big man in full gear running away, a lil pathetic don't you think?"

I stood up and started to limp my way to the medic station, my mind still on my father.

Y/n pov: I hope he's okay.

Upon arriving into the medic station, I seen multiple protesters that were beaten even shot by rubber bullets receiving emergency medical attention . I couldn't believe it. The bullets that media portrayed as harmless were actually fatal. A knot started forming in my stomach.

" Oh my goodness, you're the young lady who ran straight into the line of fire, let me have a look at you"

A nice older lady said taking my hand and sitting me down.

My body was now in excruciating pain. I raised the bottom of my shirt and seen multiple dark bruises form.

"Shit"

The lady started tending to my wounds, but my mind was replaying what I just saw.

" You will need to rest and let these heal before you even think of going back out there "

"but-....'

"Everyone here saw what happened but you need to remember why we are protesting in the first place. This is a revolution, many will fall and be taken but we need to continue fighting."

Her words stuck with me. She's right, we are fighting for change.

"Thank you"

" Now try head on home before the curfew, that's when things will start getting out of hand"

..... they sure will....

-------------------------------------------------------

This is all fiction!! Do not try find the specops irl, lets protect their identities. And continue signing pititions please!!