Break Up

I reached Thailand without informing my manager since they would not allow me to go mid way before the Beauty Pageant Day.  Still, I had lot of grooming to do.  I had lot to learn but then I thought I was doing this only for Arthit.  I was just counting days to be with him.  I bought our wedding rings too which I always carried with me for fear of losing it.  I had only one ambition in my life to be with my Arthit.   But he always wanted a successful life for me.  Arthit was an orphan and he treated my parents as his and me as his only family.  

My love for him was growing by leaps and bounds.  I could not bear the separation from him for this long but somewhat I was doing for his sake.  Since he said that this was the last title and afterwards he would become my husband.  I never believed in God.  But now I feel I should thank God for giving Arthit to me.  My life is beautiful with him in it.

I was shocked beyond measure when he said he had cheated on me and said that it was better to break up.  I thought he had lost his mind since he did not see for long and was blabbering stupid out of frustration.  I reached his house uninformed and the shock which awaited me ripped off my sanity completely.  I asked my parents, his friends to leave us alone.  

There, on his bed lay my lover wearing a mask and ac at full blast since he was feeling very hot because of his chemo therapies.  He  had ulcers in his mouth which was painful and nobody was allowed to go near him since he had a risk of getting infected.  I sat down on the floor next to his bed and stared at his breath which rose and fell quite weakly.  It was as if waiting to stop permanently.  He looked at me with tears brimming in his eyes.  

"Kongggggg, go away, I am nothhhhhhhhhhhing now, he was breathless saying those three words to me.  I continued my stare.  I will die ssooooooooonnnnnn, leeeeeeettttttttssssssss ......breakkkkkkkkkuppppppp, gooooooooo backkkkkkkkkkkk, win that title and be happppppppppy with someone who lovessssssssss you".

"I am breaking up with your stupid sacrifice to be away from me because of your sickness, Arthit.   You have six months in your hands.  I don't care what you are going to do.  I don't care which ever stage you are in.  Get back on your feet and come to the event to see me win because you promised this will be the last title I have to win for you and afterwards you will be mine.  Bring this ring with you.  I won't call you nor anyone here.  I have to win this title since I need money for your treatment.  I will win.  Remember as long as you are alive, I am alive, the moment you decide to die, I too will die.  Killing me is  not new for me.  You know that very well.  I am breaking up with my life.  I will live like a robot tuned to win the title.  Come back alive.  I will be waiting for you.  Get back to your solar oven production soon.  Next time give me a valid excuse of breaking up with me instead of some lame cheating on excuse.  Bye for now".

******************

Thank you for being with me in my journey to complete this story.