Meeting Families

Me : "So on a scale of 1 to 10, how strict are your parents?" You ask.

Y/so (significant other) : "Not much really. And there's nothing to be afraid about. They'll know your the man for me." As Y/so kisses you on the cheek.

Me : "I sure hope so."

DING DONG

Y/so : "Hey mom! Dad!"

Parents : "Hey sweetie, but who's this ginormous man right here?"

Me : "My name's Y/n , nice to meet you!"

Mom : "Well isn't he polite. Come on in guys, we just got done cooking dinner!"

You show a slight smile as you walk in.

Parents : "Shoes off please!"

In mind : These people really are nice!

Parents as we're eating : "So, where are you from?"

Me : "I'm from Oregon, actually. I'm looking to get a D1 scholarship there for football."

Parents : "Well isn't that just awesome!"

Dad : "I played a little ball myself in highschool. What position do you play?"

Me : "As of now my solid position is starter safety but I also play wide-reciever."

Dad : "Got any highlight reels?"

Me : "Not to brag but yeah. Alot."

I pull up about 5 of my highlight reels.

Dad : "Wooow. You're pretty good there son. You got high potential in my book."

Me : "Thanks. I've never actually heard anyone say that before about me."

Dad : "Well I don't know how! You're a hawk!"

Me : "Well, there is one person, but they're laid to rest right now."

And that person, was (BFF).

Me : "Excuse me, I have to use the restroom."

Parents : "Oh that's fine. Down the hall, third door on the left."

I rush to the bathroom because I need to let my emotions flow free.

I get in the bathroom and...

Me : "Why'd you have to go? You were my best friend. Curse robbers. I can't trust anyone now."

But that's not how he would want me to feel. I need to get myself together, and walk out there like a man.

I walk out of the bathroom.

Parents : "Are you okay? We heard screaming."

Me : "Yeah I'm fine."

Time skip

Y/so : "So what happened in there?"

Me : "I was thinking about (BFF). I just can't believe that he's gone forever."

Y/so : "It's gonna be okay babe. We'll all get through it. So you said you wanted to go to oregon right? Well guess what I got in my mailbox?"

Me : "What'd you get babe?"

Y/so : "A scholarskip to Oregon!"

Me : "O my god, are you serious?"

Y/so : "Yes!"

Me : "Pinch me this is a dream."

We hug excitedly.

Next day.

Me : "So are you ready to meetmy family?"

Y/so : "Yeah!"

We drive over to my adopted family's house.

Parents : "Well if it isn't my son. How are you doing? I've seen your highlights and if you don't get drafted to the nfl nobody should."

Mom : "And I see you've brought a woman. What's your name?"

Y/so : "Y/so."

Mom : "That's a nice name. Come on in guys were watching gameday live."

Me : "I need some football in my life."

The game was the Packers vs. the Bears. Week 4, 2017

I was rooting for the bears.

And that's when I saw.

Me : "Davante! NOOOOO. DANNY WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO MY FRIEND?!"

Parents : "Calm down, it's only a game."

Me : "No, he was my childhood friend. We lived on the same street. Why is everyone happening in the snap of a finger!" (No Infinity War pun intended)

Author's note : This next part of the story is about to get graphic and it's about suicide. If you feel nobody is there for you and you feel you have no purpose, call the suicide hotline at this number : 800-273-TALK (8255)

Anyways, back to the story

I rush to my old room with my gun I have for protection, I load it, and put the barrel in my mouth. This is the end.

BaNg!

Everything goes dark. It feels like I left my body. Is this the end for me?