Figuring Things Out

Previously, on Invisible Scars.

Heart Pumping, I select to go to the college of Oregon! (Or as you may know them, the home of the Oregon Ducks)

I'm a top prospect around the country

Alot of pressure for a kid

Hope I can make it

Present time

I call my mom

Mom : "Whatcha thinkin' about there hun?"

Me : "Oh nothing, really. Just trying to figure things out."

Mom : "What do you mean?"

Me : " Well when I picked to go to Oregon, alot of news reporters started gathering around my dorm, and not only that, they follow me on all social media platforms, and I didn't even disclose that stuff."

Mom : "Well that's usually how that goes. When I was a track runner I got so popular the pressure almost made me faint, but after a while I learned that it's just because they want to see your potential. So you go out there and practice hard! Also get those high grades for mom! Love you!"

Me : "Love you too mom."

Me : Aw, she's sleeping (referring to my gf) Guess I should be quiet then.

Her : "You going out?"

Me : "You're awake? Also I'm going out for a team meeting/practice."

Her : "Well pay attention, love you, I'm going back to sleep tho."

Me *starts laughing* "Ok babe love you too."

I put the keys in the ignition and we get the ball rolling with some jazz on the radio.

I pull up to the sub classroom that we use for meetings.

Me : Ok, so, first we're practicing, then we'll go to a team meeting. Got it.

You hear a coaches whistle behind the building where the field is.

Me : Looks like I need to go!

5 Minutes Later

*Whistle blows* Coach : "ALRIGHT WOMEN. IT'S TIME FOR HITTING DRILLS. WE'LL DO SAFETY VS. LINEBACKER.

My matchup comes up

In mind : This scrawny guy, no way I lose this. I don't even have to get low.

Coach : ON MY WHISTLE YOU GO. 1.2. *Whistle blows*

You go for the hit, and..

YOU GET KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

In mind : Didn't expect that. Wow. I'm out cold.

In the meeting

Coach : "Okay sissies, today's practice was rough, so extra sprints at tomorrow's, got it?

All players : "Yes sir." In a gloomy way.

In mind : How. The. Fuck. Did that little scrawny guy knock me out? Huh, guess that's why he's OUR STARTER LINEBACKER?!

OC (Offensive Coach) : Alright I want all offensve players to round up over here, but qb's over there. *Points*

DC (Defensive Coach) : I want all defensive player over here. NOW. Safeties over there *Points*

I go over to where he points

DC : You got CLEANWIPED TODAY SON! GET STRONGER RIGHT NOW! GIVE ME 100!

I drop and do 100 pushups, as asked.