~Chapter 3~

Darkstalker opened his eyes to grass under him, he scratched his horn, surprised there was no sand around him. It was the middle of nowhere, tall trees surrounded the small Darkstalker. He frowned, usually trees were WAY small than he was, in fact, everything was. But then, Arctic was taller than me, just like those years ago, he thought, scanning the ground below and realized, am I in a dream? He huffed angrily, he didn't want to think about whatever was going on. All he wanted to do was see Clearsight! Why did seeing Clearsight involve an endless ocean, islands all over the place, and quicksand eating him whole?

"Arctic?" Darkstalker called out then laughed, Perhaps that was all fake... Should I still feel guilt about it? Yep, no sand anywhere. He spread his wings, decided to fly and see if there was someone around this place. Maybe he was back on Pyrrhia, in the middle of a dense forest. He flew out into the sky, to only find himself in an island, surrounded by water all around him. Darkstalker sighed, fantastic. Just, great... He went back down in the forest, growling to himself.

"Follow the shore," the mysterious voice in his head had miraculously spoken again.

Is this how Moon felt? Darkstalker thought with a chuckle. "The shore?" He echoed.

No reply.

Darkstalker grumbled under his breath before proceeding to fly towards the shore. He pushed away trees, knocking them down with ease. It made him feel better, at least he was still strong.

Darkstalker landed on the muddy shore, his wings getting unnaturally tired. If before he was able to fly Pyrrhia without any sweat, why couldn't he fly across an island with his wings aching of exhaustion? He growled, shaking his claws as the mud below him squash between his claws. He couldn't believe MudWings loved this. Perhaps he could exclude them from his conquest of Pyrrhia, but he would need them since they were strong. Eh, he'll think think about it later. He walked along the shore, grumbling under his breath. He just wanted to see Clearsight. Clearsight only. Just...

"Be careful!" A voice yelled before Darkstalker felt a thump on his leg. He turned around to see a small green dragonet. Not even a year old.

This dragonet... Why does it look like someone familiar?

"Clearpool! Say sorry!" A male voice yelled. Darkstalker's ears twitched, watching the algae green SeaWing dragonet fade away. A darker green dragon paddled forward, noticing Darkstalker with calm eyes. The NightWing stepped back, wrinkling his nose in disgust. He narrowed his eyes in hatred. The bioluminescent SeaWing scales let a dim glow as a small smile appeared on his face.

He looks more confident than I remember... Darkstalker thought as he angered and saddened. "Fathom," he growled, slashing his tail furiously, "Y- Yo- You traitor!" He grabbed a talon full of sand before tossing it to Fathom. He angered as it only went through Fathom. Darkstalker wondered what had happened to the dragonet. Was she a fragment of Fathom's memory?

As much as a surprise, the spirit let a low sigh. "It wasn't my idea, Darkstalker. In fact, I didn't want to do it," Fathom replied, his voice sounded older than Darkstalker could remember. A part of him wanted to greet his old friend, other wished to claw his eyes out for revenge. However, he didn't have magic, Fathom did.

"Oh really?" Darkstalker snapped, "Who else in Pyrrhia had animus magic in the NightWing Kingdom? No one enchanted you to betray me. You did it-"

Fathom lifted a talon. "It was Clearsight's idea," He said calmly.

"It was Clearsight's idea?" Darkstalker echoed, the veins on his neck tensed. But the scroll said... He's lying.

Fathom shook his head. "You know it better than I do. You had become too dangerous, Darkstalker. After seeing how you enchanted your own father, we couldn't leave you loose on Pyrrhia," he said then stepped closer to Darkstalker. The NightWing hissed, stepping back again. He felt the waves flap against his tail. Fathom smiled, "At least you helped me know one thing."

Darkstalker blinked in surprise. "Did I?" He snorted.

Fathom nodded. "You made me realize my magic couldn't choose my destiny," Fathom said, "You also allowed me to appreciate Indigo more."

Darkstalker narrowed his eyes. "Indigo?" Darkstalker closed his eyes, trying to remember. "Oh! That annoyed pest that kept wanting to kill me! Ah, you found out..." Darkstalker definitely didn't like the idea of dragons poking around his stuff, or in the matter of fact, him. Fathom's face remained calm, but his eyes were upset. Darkstalker hushed, not used to seeing a very angry Fathom.

Fathom opened his mouth. "Life isn't a scroll for you to write, Darkstalker," Fathom, "How does it feel to be powerless now?"

Darkstalker narrowed his eyes, a roar echoed from the sea. Darkstalker twisted his neck to see Albatross's body leap out of the ocean like an orca. His eyes were wide and insane, with exaggerating long claws, almost like an IceWings. This isn't the real Albatross, Darkstalker concluded before Albatross leaped towards Darkstalker with full force. But why did it feel real? The NightWing roared, attempting to push Albatross off him.

The insane SeaWing was huge. About three times bigger than Darkstalker himself. Darkstalker snarled furiously, opening his jaw to let a blast of fire against Albatross's body. The dragon only stood and roared, unharmed but more angry. Darkstalker glanced at Fathom, who seemed calmed. "Why aren't you doing anything, moon face!" With that, Albatross grabbed Darkstalker's neck with his talons. Darkstalker struggled, but the more he did, the more force Albatross would add.

For the first time, Darkstalker felt fear. He was powerless, and now he was going to die in the claws of Pyrrhia's most feared animus SeaWing.