~Chapter 8~

When the IceWings took Foeslayer, Darkstalker's heart sank quite low. He felt like a lost dragonet. He had wanted to hide under her wing. And when the others declared she was dead, Darkstalker's world had fallen apart. The IceWings will forever pay, he had thought.

It won't happen again, his mind whispered as a bright light beamed upon Darkstalker's face. "Clearsight?" He whispered. He walked forward. It was like looking at the sun.

Quite blinding, if you asked.

"Welcome Darkstalker. It's been a while, hasn't it?" A soft familiar voice spoke out to the nostalgic Darkstalker. His spirit lifted, his heart wishing to jump out of his chest. He wasn't sure if he should be happy or sad, angry or relieved.

Darkstalker realized his voice was small. "C- Clearsight..." He whispered unintentionally, "Y- You sound so..."

There was a dark talon extended towards Darkstalker, visible from the bright light that hid Darkstalker. "Different. Yes. Thanks to you and... Sunstreak," the holly voice commented, a beautiful harmony to Darkstalker's ears.

Wait. Sunstreak? Darkstalker realized after being released from the enchanting he had gone through. "Who's Sunstreak? Clearsight?" He whispered and the talon landed softly onto his own. His was pulled into the blinding light...

Ow, my eyes, Darkstalker thought, blinking several times and rubbing his temples. His vision cleared to see the Paradise he was found in. He smiled looking up at Clearsight with a small smile. He had so many things to tell her, hug her, apologize. Clearsight didn't meet his gaze. She looked forward, her eyes calm and neutral. On the other side of her, a strange dragon stood besides her. Huge insect looking wings gracefully behind him as his tail was twined with Clearsight's. Darkstalker's face hardened with unsettlement. Whoever this... Creature was, they needed to back off Clearsight.

"I know, what you're thinking. This is Sunstreak, Darkstalker. He made me realize that it's okay to stop worrying about the future, just like you did," She smiled, and turned to Darkstalker. Sunstreak followed, giving the lost NightWing a charming and welcoming smile.

"I've heard and seen so much of you," Sunstreak said cheerfully, bowing his head. Darkstalker noticed how the weird dragon was tensive. Perhaps Clearsight had only told him about the bad things Darkstalker had done.

"What are you supposed to be?" Darkstalker snarled. He didn't mean to be quite hostile. He was annoyed. How could Clearsight betray me for this dragon?

Clearsight opened her mouth but Sunstreak gave her a reassuring smile. Darkstalker hated it. "Well you see, Clearsight traveled across the ocean and ended up in Pantala. My continent," He said calmly, "I'm a BeetleWing, nice to meet you Darkstalker of the NightWings." Darkstalker could see how similar Sunstreak and himself were.

Darkstalker sighed. I suppose I have to accept this destiny. It is my fault for not looking after Clearsight. For not listening to her. He thought. He forced a smile. "I am glad that Clearsight found someone," He forced himself to say.

Clearsight's eyes brightened and wrapped her wings around Darkstalker. Darkstalker lowered his head over Clearsight's shoulder. "I'm sorry... For everything I've done. I- I should have listened to you," Darkstalker could feel himself tear up, "It wasn't the magic.. it was me! I- It wasn't my intention to-"

"I know, Darkstalker. But the past is in the past. That's something Sunstreak taught me," She looked back at the BeetleWing with a thankful smile and a loving look in her eyes. Darkstalker felt his face twitching into a frown.

She still feels something for me! I... I know it! Darkstalker's mind roared lividly. He tried reaching for Clearsight's arm. I've never felt so... Alone. "Clearsight... Can we talk alone?" He pled, trying to look as calm as possible. He wished to accept the fact that she felt nothing for him, but his heart curled and his eyes heated up and his mind wanted to set the entire world on fire.

Clearsight's eyes lost its shine. "Okay," she looked at Sunstreak. The BeetleWing nodded and somehow disappeared.

"Where did he go?" Darkstalker asked.

Clearsight smiled. "He's with the others."

Others... That word repeated in Darkstalker's head over and over again. "Clearsight... I... I can't let you stay with Sunstreak," he said firmly, "My heart doesn't allow it."

Clearsight let a small laugh. "My heart didn't allow it either all those years ago," She said, "But I feared that you would come back. You were too dangerous Darkstalker. I knew I had nothing in Pyrrhia, and staying there would make me set you free again."

Darkstalker angered. "Why didn't you set me free? Do you know how hard it was to accept that I was asleep for thousands of years and everyone I knew was gone when I woke up?" Darkstalker felt a pulse of pain, clutching the sides of his head.

Clearsight watched, looking soulless. "That's a question you should answer for yourself," she whispered, "Perhaps we could have continued knowing each other... As friends. But I like what the new dragons decided-"

"That doesn't answer my question!" Darkstalker roared, spreading his wings in fury. Clearsight watched, unimpressed. "Why does everyone think I can't make my own decisions?"

Clearsight seemed to shine like a star. "You were allowed to and you chose not to."

Darkstalker couldn't stop his frown this time. "I definitely did! I-"

Clearsight shook her head. "You still act like the young dragon I used to know," She said with a smile, "It's so weird. I've grown so old, I forgot what it felt to be young." Darkstalker narrowed his eyes. Clearsight put her talons on his temples. She showed no fear, no sadness, no anger.

"I-" Darkstalker felt himself calm down, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get defensive and start yelling. But it hurts to see you with that dragon."

Clearsight scoffed. "I'm not the only dragon you'll be with," she said.

Darkstalker breathed. "I don't want that to be true."

Clearsight sighed. "Accept your faith Darkstalker. How I had to accept that I couldn't be with you. How Vigilance accepted to leave the luxury of the old night kingdom for the safely of the tribe. How Whiteout had to accept that her brother, her mother, and her father were gone. How Fathom had to accept to betray his best friend. How Arctic had to accept that could have raised his dragonets better."

Accept it...