Chapter 4 || the command

"Allow me to introduce myself to the forty-two remaining applicants. I am Netero, Chairman of this year's Hunter Exam Selection Committee", Netero reintroduced himself on the airship after everyone had finished eating their eggs.

"I am his secretary, Bean", a green little thing whose name really suited his appearance said.

"Originally, I'd planned to make my appearance during the exam's final phase, but as I'm already here... I'm loving this tension in the air! So I think I'll stick around for the rest of the trip. Hahaha", Netero explained to everyone in a lighthearted way.

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning, at 8 AM. You'll find dinner waiting in the dining hall. You are also welcome to get some rest. In other words, you're free to do as you please until you are contacted", Bean said while smiling kindly.

'What to do~? I could try to get Hisoka's approval, but that would be difficult before figuring out what exactly he wants-' Kalen's thoughts were interrupted by some familiar voices.

"Okay, Gon! Let's explore the airship!" Killua said excitedly to Gon.

"Yeah!" Gon agreed and they ran off immediately.

'Hmm~ Now wouldn't that be the perfect chance to get to know those two and find out what makes them so special', Kalen smirked at his own thoughts and followed Gon and Killua. He wasn't sure yet whether to stalk them or actually hang out with them, so he decided to show himself only if something interesting happened.

Elsewhere, Hisoka knocked over the card house he had just finished building and had a creepy expression on his face.

***

Kalen was starting to get bored of following couple of kids around. They had only explored the ship and stolen some food from the kitchen. Now, they were looking at the night sky from the airship's window.

'I'm wasting my f*cking time!! I could be flirting with Hisoka right now, but no! I'm stuck here trying to see what is soooo great about a child, a f*cking child!!' Though Kalen was raging in his head, he didn't forget to listen what Gon and Killua were talking about. This time, they were talking about Killua's family which was actually slightly more interesting to Kalen.

Kalen sensed a familiar presence while listening to the children. Sadly, it was not Hisoka. It was Netero who released his presence for a second before walking to the boys from he other side of the corridor.

'Hee~That old fart is also interested in those children. Well, he could just be playing with them, too', Kalen narrowed his eyes and walked up to them.

"Something wrong?" Netero asked Gon and Killua before noticing Kalen who stood behind them. Neither Gon nor Killua had noticed Kalen yet.

"Ah, Netero-san... Did you see anyone coming from that side?" Gon asks Netero, clearly confused, while Killua was just glaring at Netero.

"Not before but now there's someone", Netero answer Gon. His answer makes Killua, who was sure that Netero was the only one there before , flinch and turn around.

"Oh, hello there. It's not nice to ruin the surprise, Netero-san", Kalen gives them a beautiful smile which was like totally from his heart.

"You're pretty fast for an old man, and you're quite good at hiding your presence for a child", Killua says to Netero and Kalen. One of them taking his words more lightly than the other.

"That little trick? I barely moved", Netero was the first to answer. His answer made Killua frown and they had a little stare off.

"A child??? Do I look like a child, you f*cking brat", Kalen was muttering to himself, but made sure to keep a smile on his face. The few tick marks that had appeared on his forehead were quite easy to see, though.