Chapter 7 || the island

A predator searching for his prey,

the prey quite young in age.

Through thick and thin,

searching for that young tiny meal.

What is the appeal?

might others ask,

but the predator will just smile

since he is the one getting his fill,

on those unfortunate children

still running without care.

I came up with this 'poem' and I think it somewhat captures Hisoka's essence xd. Btw this is the first poem I have ever written in any language so please don't judge it too harshly. Okayy, enjoy the chapter ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Kalen spent the whole boat ride coming up with different torture methods so he wouldn't get bored and start the killing before reaching the shore. 

"Thank for your patience, everyone. We've finally arrived at Zevil Island! Now, please disembark in the order by which you cleared the Third Phase. After each person disembarks, we'll wait two minutes before the next person's turn. You will stay on this island for exactly one week. During that time, you must amass your six points of ID tags and return here. All right then, the first person may start!" Khara explained with a bright smile. After her explanation, Hisoka walked slowly into the forest. Kalen waited two minutes before following Hisoka.

This was a much needed vacation for Kalen after everything that happened during the Third Phase. He knew who his target was and how to toy with them so the hard part of this phase was already over. All he had to do anymore, was to keep an eye on his prey and have some fun on this uninhibited island full of people who want to kill him. 

The first step in his master plan was to find a comfortable sleeping place and a way to get food. Kalen knew how to hunt and fish but wasn't really familiar with everything that came after that. Sure, he could roast a pig after hearing Menchi explain how it's done, but not all animals are roasted the same way. Well, finding a place to sleep comes first anyways so...

Kalen walked around for a while but picked up his pace after sensing someone close by. Work before play as they say~ Kalen picked a random direction and started running silently. For someone who was often called a ghost, not being noticed was easy. 

He ran until he heard the sound of water. Then, he just looked for a big tree that could become his home for a week. It had to have a lot of leaves and thick branches which could hold his weight. Finding it didn't take too long. Now, the hard part: getting food that wouldn't taste like sh*t. There was a river next to the tree Kalen picked so fishing was a good option. 

'Haa, this is probably the first and last time I'll be jealous of someone because they have a fishing rod', Kalen sighed as he thought about Gon and his weapon. Another reason to hate him. Although Kalen thought like that, catching a fish without the proper tool wasn't difficult for him.

*** 

Kalen spent the first day of his vacation eating, sleeping and fantasizing about Hisoka but his attention span wasn't very good so he had decided to look for flowers and butterflies the next day. So when Kalen woke up around noon, instead of staying in 'bed', he started walking along the river.

*Swish*, *swish*, after walking for some time, Kalen heard a strange sound but didn't feel anyone's presence. Because of his curiosity, Kalen walked closer to the sound to see what was going on, and there he saw something so disgusting that it made his skin crawl. Gon was swinging his fishing rod around to catch a bird while hiding his presence.

'Wtf is he doing', Kalen quickly hid behind some bushes and continued to observe him. No matter how much Kalen despised Gon, he knew Hisoka was interested in Gon for some reason and maybe this was his chance to find out why.

Kalen watched Gon train for hours but didn't see anything that would make Gon special. Gon hadn't even noticed him or the other guy although they were staring at him intensely. The only thing worth mentioning about Gon, in Kalen's opinion, was how he had figured out how to use Zetsu so fast and his hunting technique. Although neither of them were perfect, it was a start and he had done it in two days. But those things didn't make Gon any more special than some other kid who was slightly talented, at least in Kalen's eyes.

Kalen was just about to give up and go to sleep when Gon put a string around one of the poor butterflies which were gathering around him, and started following it. 'What is he doing to that poor creature!? How dare he disgrace its beauty by putting it on a leash!!' Kalen's love for butterflies shouldn't be underestimated. He had always admired their grace and beauty, so seeing one of them being used like a dog was unbearable to him.

'Should I just kill him?? No, torture is better~ Putting strings like that around his neck and pulling would make his blood pour out beautifully ♡', Gon continued following the butterfly while Kalen was imagining his death. After Kalen came out of his fantasies, Gon was already gone. Kalen's imagination had saved Gon again from being tortured to death. 

Kalen didn't panic but he was really annoyed. Annoyed enough to kill the person who was following Gon but Kalen knew it was better to leave him alive. Gon was most likely that man's prey so killing him was the same as helping Gon and Kalen would never do that.

Kalen followed Gon's tracks and was able to find Gon quickly. Instead of torturing and killing Gon, Kalen decided to wait until Gon was about to get the tag he needed, and ruin it somehow. He didn't know who Gon's prey was so the only thing he could do was wait. They had been walking for a while and Kalen was close to just helping Gon find his prey so it would end faster, but then Gon stopped and let the butterflies go.

'Ohh, he finally found who he was looking for', Kalen couldn't stop the smirk which had found its way to his face at the thought of ruining Gon's hard work. He quickly climbed to a nearby tree to see who the lucky person was but after seeing it, he almost fell off of the tree. 

'Why is Hisoka here?? Is that brat seriously trying to snatch Hisoka's ID tag?! Is he a f*cking idiot?? Of course he is going to fail and get killed... but what if Hisoka spares him again. Arghh!! So annoying!!' Kalen's mind was coming up with different scenarios of Hisoka killing or letting Gon go, but he was hoping that Hisoka wasn't Gon's prey at the same time. He couldn't interfere with Hisoka's business yet so stopping Gon would make Hisoka angry.

'Life is too hard... One moment, you're thinking about destroying a kid's hard work and the next, your plan is ruined', Kalen almost started crying because of this unfortunate coincidence, but there was still that guy who was stalking Gon left. He might still destroy Gon's hopes and dreams. 

"Haa", Kalen sighed and moved little further away so he wouldn't mess up anything. This time, he could only hope the stalker knew what he was doing.

Sorry it's been a while. I have been too lazy to write anything (~~~). I'll try to not be as lazy anymore <33 I just got a new laptop so I hope it'll motivate me to write~