Chapter 8 || the pin-face

Kalen watched as Gon erased his presence and hid in the bushes. His hope was now gone. If Gon just accidentally saw Hisoka, he wouldn't have stayed there. Kalen sighed slightly as he adjusted his position so he would be comfortable. Based on his understanding of Gon's hunting style, he would have to wait for a while. He of course knew that he couldn't stop Gon or anything but seeing everything that is going to happen will put his mind at ease.

Kalen got bored of waiting way faster than he had expected. It had only been around twenty minutes and he already felt like he was dying. He had spent this forever by observing Gon's abilities so it was easy to guess why he was so over it. Gon simply didn't have enough abilities and seeing someone just sitting there concentrating wasn't much fun.

Kalen had avoided looking at Hisoka because he was afraid Hisoka would notice it, but seeing Gon stare at Hisoka's perfect face was making Kalen want to gouge out Gon's eyes. There was nothing he could do except watch Hisoka if he didn't want to get a pair of eyes as souvenirs. Kalen made sure to hide his presence perfectly so his staring wouldn't be discovered.

***

The sun was starting to set but Gon hadn't yet made his move. It was clear that he was waiting for something but what that something was, Kalen didn't know. All he knew was that everything from Hisoka's face to his aura was absolutely perfect. He didn't mind anymore that he had been sitting the whole day in the middle of a forest. Now, he was almost glad Hisoka was Gon's prey. Kalen's new appreciation for life was interrupted by Hisoka who finally moved.

"Well, come on out. I know you're there. If you won't come out, I'll come to you", Hisoka said as he stood up and started walking towards Gon and Kalen. Kalen's heart started beating faster than it had ever before as he held his breath anxiously. He wasn't sure who Hisoka was talking to. His first instinct was to blame Gon but he knew his own staring might also be at fault. Kalen was ready to run away the second Hisoka attacked but stayed still in case he wasn't found yet.

Time seemed to have slowed as Hisoka walked towards them, but then someone stood up. It wasn't Gon or Gon's stalker, it was someone new. Kalen let out the breath he had been holding as he tried to recall when this person had arrived there.

"I challenge you to a duel", the person said as he took out a spear. Kalen almost snorted at him but managed to stop himself in time.

"You'll die", Hisoka said to that person while smirking. Kalen nodded his head to Hisoka's words and didn't restrain the blush spreading to his cheek. He could never get tired of Hisoka's smile.

Hisoka and the spear guy stood there for some time before the spear guy made his move. He rushed towards Hisoka who dodged his attack easily. The spear guy tried attacking again and again but failed each time. He even cut down a tree but Hisoka wasn't fighting back.

"Hisoka, explain yourself... Why won't you attack me?" the spear guy asked Hisoka while gasping for air. Kalen had figured out what was going on by now.

"If I continue to avoid your attacks, you'll die eventually", Hisoka stated. The spear guy looked surprised but waited for Hisoka to finish his explanation.

"I can tell from the swarm of Hemotropic Butterflies that your wounds are grave. Someone else has already dealt you a fatal blow, yes? Though I do understand your desire to die in battle", Hisoka said while the spear guy sat down.

"If you... If you understand so well, why do you still refuse to fight me?!" the spear guy yelled with the little strength he had left.

"I have no interest in the dead", Hisoka said as he turned to leave.

"What? I'm not yet..." the spear guy tried to convince Hisoka but was cut off as Hisoka crushed him without touching him.

"You're already dead. It's in your eyes. Bye-bye", Hisoka sat down on the fallen tree unaware of the squealing Kalen.

'Oh god, he's so hot. That bye-bye at the end ♡♡', Kalen was freaking out as he watched the exchange between the two men. Correction, one perfect man and one dying insect. Kalen even picked a flower that was close to him so he could cover the insect while he was admiring Hisoka.

The spear guy refused to give up. He stood up with his last strength and rushed towards Hisoka tears in his eyes while yelling. His last effort was made useless by a pin that hit his neck. Countless pins hit his face after a second had passed. The spear guy fell down as someone appeared out of the bushes.

"Sorry about that. I carelessly let him escape", a weird looking guy with a face full of pins said to Hisoka. Kalen crushed a flower he was holding after hearing the pin-face talk to Hisoka like they knew each other.

"Liar. He probably begged you to grant him one final wish, yes?" Hisoka said to the pin-face familiarly. Kalen felt even angrier after hearing how Hisoka understood the pin-face's thoughts.

"Well, I felt sorry for the guy. Given that he was dead either way", the pin-face answered.

"You should cease pitying enemies who serve no purpose", Hisoka said while smiling.

"You've done it before, haven't you? You've walked away from opponents before finishing them", the pin-face said. Kalen couldn't help but to nod his head as he thought back to what happened with Gon before. Kalen was still undecided as to what to do with the guy as he seemed to be close with Hisoka. He wasn't too jealous yet because the guy looked ugly and was older than Hisoka's usual type.

"I have standards. I'm not interested in people who have no purpose. I only spare those whose deaths would go to waste. What about his tag?" Hisoka answered to the pin-face. Kalen wasn't sure what to feel after hearing Hisoka's words. They implied that Gon was worthless but at the same time that Gon had potential.

"Oh, I already took it. I have six points now, so I don't need this one. You can have it", the pin-face said as he threw a tag to Hisoka.

"Whose tag is this?" Hisoka asked.

"It belonged to some guy who tried to snipe me. He ticked me off, so I killed him. Well, then...", the pin-face said as he started to take out the pins. His appearance was completely different when he had taken out every pin. He had long black hair, and his face looked way younger and more handsome now. Too handsome in Kalen's opinion. Kalen had decided to let the guy go before because he didn't feel threatened but things were different now.

"This is always so fascinating to watch", Hisoka's words told Kalen that Hisoka had known this would happen and that they had known each other for some time. This wasn't good for him. Someone good looking who Hisoka was friends with? had appeared. It would be easy to push out someone like Gon who Hisoka had just met but a friend would be harder to get rid of.

"It's pretty hard on me... I feel so much better", the guy said when his transformation finished. He started digging a hole with his bare hands next to Hisoka and said it would be his sleeping place until the final day. After that, the guy just closed the hole. Hisoka ignored the guy and started throwing the tag he just got.

***

Hours had passed after the incident with the spear guy and pin-face. The moon was out now but Kalen was still unsure what he should do. Get rid of the friend, or wait and see. Hisoka and that guy had seemed like normal friends, so getting to know that guy first might work. And of course if there are some feelings of love between them, the friend has to go. Kalen came up with a plan finally so he was happy again.

"Well, I need two more points. I suppose I should go hunt someone...", Hisoka talked to himself as he stood up and started walking. Gon followed Hisoka and Kalen followed Gon. Kalen decided to keep a bit more distance this time because he knew Gon was going to make his move soon.

After some walking, Hisoka found a cliff and used it to find some prey. Kalen could tell Hisoka had found someone based on the smile on his face. Kalen saw Hisoka say something but he couldn't tell what it was because of the distance. A double-edged sword as they say.

Hii~

Hope you liked the chapter although I didn't like writing it. Wattpad had some annoying problem while I was writing and it kept saying that my writing couldn't be saved. I was super stressed that the whole chapter would be gone after I finished writing it. But everything's fine if you are reading this :))

Bye-bye