Secret Sessions

Request: A one shot with a Kit and his therapist?

Summary: When he was younger, Kit’s mother passed away leaving him to be raised by a father whom which he never got along with. When his father remarried, his new wife suggests that Kit starts seeing a therapist to help with the teen’s “unacceptable” behavior. Now in college, Kit returns home for Christmas only to run into the therapist who saved his life. 

Type: Secret Sessions (one shot)

Glancing up from his watch, Kit narrowly avoided his dad as grabbed his plate from the table.

"Where are you going?"

"Out."

Disappearing around the corner, Kit dumped his food into the trash quickly downing his coke before adding the plate and glass to the dishes in the sink.

"You didn’t even eat all your food" his dad noted as Kit came back into the dining room to grab his jacket.

"Yeah I know, I’ll probably eat when I’m out."

Pulling his jacket on, Kit paused as his mom spoke up.

"Where are you going again?"

"Out with some guys from school" he replied, the response not sitting with his stepmom but he didn’t see the need to convince her.

After a week back home for Christmas Kit was trying his best to get out the house. His dad wanted to spend time with him, which meant he hadn’t done much away from the family. He had no plans to actually meet up with friends, he just needed an escape.

"When are you getting back?"

"I don’t know" he admitted.

"Try not to drive if you guys drink" his dad called.

Taking a step inside, Kit glanced around the familiar bar surprised by how much it hadn’t changed. He’d driven to the Draught House, a popular bar in his hometown and wasn’t surprised to find the parking lot full. Drinking at home always bothered his stepmom which is why his first stop of the night was a bar.

His first instinct was to head to the bar, grab one of the empty stools and beer but he found himself pausing as he glanced in the direction of the booths.

The booth she sat in was tucked away in the corner, allowing him the perfect view of her and her him. However, her attention was on the woman in front of her.

"Are you sure you don’t want to come to the party?"

"Positive" Zoe giggled putting her drink aside. "I’ve been working too much this week-"

"All more of the reason to come" Jasmine smiled. "Get a few drinks in you, meet a nice guy."