My Kind of Love (feat. Olivia Cooke)

Request: Can you do a one shot where he has trouble coping with a gf leaving?

Summary: Kit’s love has always been full, but when he meets a girl afraid of loving him fully he scares her away. When she up and leaves him he has a hard time coping. (Featuring Olivia Cooke) .

His eyes shot open as pain rushed through his neck at the sound of something crashing in his apartment echoed off the walls.

Waiting until his eyes adjusted to the darkness surrounding him Kit winced as he pushed himself up in his chair.

He reached up to attempt to rub the soreness from his neck as he glanced around the messy apartment, hitting the mouse with his free hand he winced as he read the time at the bottom of his laptop screen.

It was nearly two in the morning making him let out a deep breath before glancing around the room for the source of the sound. Following the buzzing he got up, picked up his phone before answering it.

“Yeah?”

“Kit” Shawn laughed as he glanced up towards the top of the apartment building. “Bout time you answered man, I called you three times.”

Rubbing at his eyes kit moved the phone away from his ear before cutting the volume down a few notches.

“Lower your voice…you do realize it’s two in the fucking morning?”

“Whatever man, look I’m outside. Come let me in.”

Not even waiting the energy to try and figure out why he was even here Kit searched the floor for his shirt.

“Alright.”

Hanging up Shawn glanced down the sidewalk before shoving his phone in his back pocket.

It was slightly raining outside, the wind making it seem as though it had actually begun to pick up.

He had made the long drive from Virginia up to New York after going three weeks without a call from his best friend. He knew Kit better than anyone, so he wasn’t really accustomed to him calling first but after a couple of calls to his phone Kit usually returned. Even if it was for less than a minute of conversation.

He only called to let people know he was alive. Better to tell your best friend so that he could pass on the message than listen to your mom cry on the other end of the line.

In fact, Shawn was the only one who he kept in contacted in.

He was just about to head to the front door but he paused as the sound of raised voices floated towards him.

“Where is she Chanel?”

Stepping forward for a better view he watched as a girl continued in his direction, a man nearly twice her size hot on her heels.

“I don’t know Travis” she sighed as she continued to search through her bag, but her attempt to brush him off did no good.

“Like hell you don’t” he laughed catching her arm. “She’s your best friend.”

Attempting to maintaining her balance she quickly yanked her arm from his grip before shoving against his chest.

“Exactly, and if you think I’m going to actually tell you where she is you’re just as stupid as I thought.”

The second he made a move towards her Shawn started in their direction calling out for their attention.

“Excuse miss, this man bothering you?”