𝒗𝒊. dumbledore's office

vi

vi. dumbledore's office

Ariel's mind has been roaming with thoughts in the past few minutes that took her attention from Dumbledore's and Mad eyes moody's imposter contact. She felt hot at her place, her mind was in a mini fight that caused her to rub her head and close her eyes.

"— After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final."

The crowd burst into booing. They are not happy with the rule he cast on them. Ariel who sighed in relief didn't think much about what would happen next to her chosen one. The guardian angel looked around the great hall at the student and got stunned at how angry everyone is.

"Why is everyone so against this rule? I think it's very right for him to do it. Dumbledore said that the tasks are not for faint-hearted. Imagine if a third-year got selected. A big hell no."

Ariel rambled to Harry who somehow agreed with her. "I completely agree with you, but not when it comes to Fred and George."

She saw one of the Weasley twins stood up from his place and yelled making Ariel giggle. "That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!"

"Silence!" Dumbledore's authorize voice echoed the great hall as everyone silenced themselves when he cast magic over a box that integrates into a goblet encompassing a blue flame that clouded over Ariel's brown eyes. She watched I'm deep thought as the ocean blue flame danced through the air. 

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely writes their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

That was dumbledore's last announcement, not before Professor McGonagall hands them the schedule as everyone started to head to their common room. Ariel who kept following the rest of her colleagues noticed someone's eyes bare into her back. She looked both her right and left and see nobody's looking at her.

"Are you looking for somebody?" A wondering voice asked the lost girl. Ariel turned to meet Harry's figure.

"No." She shook her head. "I was just looking around. So harry, tell me, how can get to Dumbledore's office?"

"It's on the third floor. Just take the stone staircase in this way." Harry pointed at the moving stairs and looked back at her. "but how are you going to the common room? You don't know the way."

"Don't worry about me, Harry. I'll be just fine."

Walking to the seventh floor, while looking for Dumbledore's office, she accidentally found a gargoyle statue that completely took her attention. Ariel immediately knew it was his. Walking steps towards it, the guarding angel began to spill words to open up the door.