𝒗𝒊𝒊. three guardian angels

vii

vii. three guardian angels

         As Ariel followed Jamal and Delphine, She felt comfortable around them, knowing she wouldn't have to hide her identity from them. As they walked outside his office and took the staircase down, Jamal, the fourteen years old angel faced Ariel as he walked backward.

         "So, Ariel, I have always known that Harry Potter has a Guardian Angel and I've wondered when would you show up. Now that you're here, tell me, How do you find Hogwarts?"

         "Before you answer that question, I want to say that I never imagined that you would be Harry's Guardian. I thought you said you never wanted to be one?"

         Stopping at her trace, the younger Guardian angel's eyes met the enthusiastic one. Narrowing her eyes at her, Ariel looked at Delphine weirdly. "What are you talking about? And how do you know me?

         Laughing at her, the two other guardian angels continued on walking while having Ariel to follow them. "You for real? Everyone knows about you, Ariel. You are literally famous. You are The Ariel that everyone wants to be friends with." Delphine told her.

         "Like so famous. It wouldn't be a day for us if our mouths didn't mention a least your name. Creepy I know . . . " Jamal held his head down avoiding eye contact with her.

         "Okay, that's so creepy." She called as she faced Delphine. "And why I'm famous? What for?"

         "You are the daughter of Esperanza and the love child of the forbidden crime." He dramatically said. "Come on, Ariel, everyone knows the story of Esperanza and her human beloved, your mother's story is lit."

         "What the heck?" Ariel glared at him.

         "Shut up, Jamal. That's so rude." Delphine scowled at him, then turn her gaze at Ariel. "I'm sorry, Ariel. Your mother is the woman who inspired us all even though our parents told us bad things about her"

         "What?" The newly guardian angel whispered. "My mother didn't do anything bad."

         "We know." Delphine smiled and patted her shoulders. "Falling in love with someone is easy but staying out of love is harder. Esperanza was in love with your father and couldn't stop it. Your mother fell in love with your father and I'm living for it."

         "You think that what my mother did is something worth living for?"

         "Ariel, your mother had the power to stop this all. Esperanza is a powerful woman, a powerful angel who had the power, the authority to stop this whole love is a crime shit if—" Jamal stopped talking when Delphine gave him a look.