AN UNLIKELY ALLY Ch. 18: A Planned Kidnapping

Pete returned to MacGyver's houseboat for what seemed like the hundredth time. It had been days, and there were no clues as to where Murdoc and MacGyver had disappeared to. He walked to the phone and checked for any new messages. There were none.

Exhaling in frustration, Pete sat on the couch and tried to sort out the facts in his heads but that only resulted in a worse headache. "MacGyver, where are you?"

Suddenly, the phone rang. Pete sprang from the couch and picked up the receiver, "Hello. Peter Thornton here."

"Ah, Mr. Thornton. Just who I was trying to get a hold of. I'm Officer McAuley. We've just received an anonymous tip that those men matching the descriptions you gave us were spotted in an old warehouse at the corner of Elk and Straight Street. We have an officer checking it out right now."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

AN UNLIKELY ALLY

Dmitry put down the receiver. He cracked his knuckles and polished his gun against his pants leg. He was going to beat Murdoc to Peter Thornton. Then he'd get MacGyver...and Murdoc. It was almost too easy.

AN UNLIKELY ALLY

Pete parked the car and turned it off by the entrance. He was surprised that he didn't see any police cars, but he proceeded into the warehouse anyway. It was dark inside, and he fumbled for a light switch. Finding one, he flipped it and a shiver ran through him. The hair bristled on his neck, and he turned around. His chest expanded in surprise when he saw Murdoc standing there.

"Hello there, Pete," he greeted as he stuffed a pen under Pete's nose. Before Pete could react, gas spewed from the pen and Pete wavered and drifted into a dark bliss as Murdoc caught him and dragged him to the backseat.

AN UNLIKELY ALLY

Dmitry punched the wall and grunted at the discomfort. Murdoc was one step ahead of him—again. But not for long. He had a plan up his sleeve that even Murdoc wouldn't have seen coming.

~Don't forget to like and comment!