Forever

~ 1 Month Later ~
It was April 25. Voight called Jay and Hailey to get them to come in because they caught a case.
Jay: Hailey, we gotta go. We have a case.
Hailey: Can the bad guys just take today off?
Jay: Haha yeah i wish.
Jay had noticed that Hailey was acting a little different, she usually didn't mind getting up early in the morning for work. But he didn't want to make her mad so he just let it go.
When they arrived at the scene, Jay and Hailey looked at the bodies while the others asked others around if they had seen anything.
They returned back to the precinct where Hailey seemed very off to Jay.
Jay: Hey Hails, you good?
Hailey: What? Oh yeah- yeah i'm fine.
Jay knew that was Hailey for "no i'm not fine please cuddle me and get me pizza."
So that's what he did. Once they returned home, he snuggled up to her and they watched Netflix while eating the pizza he ordered.
Jay: Hailey, are you sure you're alright? you've been acting a little different.
Hailey: I- um- today would've been my brothers birthday. He uh he would have turned 39.
Jay: Aw Hailey i'm so sorry.
Hailey: Yeah thanks i just, i miss him you know?
Just as she said that the tears started to roll.
Jay couldn't see her like that he hated to see her hurting.
Jay: Yeah i know. c'mere.
Jay grabbed her and pulled her in close making sure she knew he was there and wasn't going to let anything happen to her.
Hailey: I love you so much Jay Halstead
Jay : I love you too Hailey.
Jay really meant it. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He wanted to be right next to her when she woke up and when she went to sleep. He never felt so in love before. Not even with Erin. Hailey was different, he could actually see a future with her. So he knew what he had to do.
Jay: Hey i'm gonna go jump in the shower.
Hailey : Okay. I'll probably be right here when you're done.
Jay went into their room and got his phone.
He immediately called Will, his brother.
Jay: Hey Will.
Will: Hey Jay what's up?
Jay: Do you still have moms engagement ring?
Will: Are you?
Jay: Hell yes.