1

Isabelle shook her head as she watched her husband trying to make the Mickey Mouse pancakes. Her son filled his water bottle as he jammed to Queen.

"What are you doing? They are going to get late." Cyrus smiled. "It will take only five minutes, and the breakfast will be served." Isabelle opened the fridge and took out the fruit. "Kreo, what do you want to have with pancakes? Apples or blueberries?"

Kreo looked at his mum. "I will have blueberries, please."

"Is your sister ready for the first day at college?" Isabelle asked. Kreo gave a nod. "She's watching The Princess Diaries in the drawing room." Cyrus groaned. "Why does she always watch that movie on the first day?"

Isabelle and Kreo looked at each other before laughing. "It's a ritual, babe. She adores that movie." Kreo leaned his palms on the kitchen island. "Papa, she wouldn't leave the house without watching the movie."

"I never understood her obsession with that movie."

"Nor do we," Isabelle replied, placing the blueberries in a bowl. "Do not break the bowl," Isabelle said, handing it to Kreo. "Yup, but where's my steel bowl?"

"It's in the wash basin," Cyrus replied. "I used it for eggs."

"Eww. . . Papa, I told you not to use my bowl for eggs. The smell stays for a while."

"That means one of you isn't washing the bowl properly," Isabelle added.

"What's happening here?" Everyone turned their heads to look at the youngest of the household. Aubree slid down on the bar chair beside Kreo's.

"Good morning, everyone. Smells good," Aubree said.

"Good morning, honey."

"Good morning, darling."

"Good morning."

Aubree popped the blueberries in her mouth, and Kreo sizzled. "Get your own bowl." Aubree rolled her eyes. "Is breakfast ready, Papa?"

"Just a minute, darling." Isabelle placed four plates on the island, and Cyrus served the pancakes on the plates. Kreo looked at Aubree's hair. "Did you get a haircut?"

Aubree glanced at her hair tips. "Yes, I did."

"Cool." Aubree wore black torn mom jeans and a white crew neck crop top. Her face is bare with makeup except for eyeliner and lip gloss. Cyrus and Isabelle took their seats opposite their kids and ate their breakfast. Isabelle chuckled as Aubree and Cyrus bantered about things.

At times, she misses her eldest, Ryder, who is now living in London, along with his best friends Nikolai and Rowen. They joined the business last summer and now undergoing training.

Kreo is set to graduate with his bachelor's degree this year. Despite completing his undergraduate studies, Kreo has decided not to pursue a master's degree. Instead, he will be joining his family's hotel business. On the other hand, Aubree is about to start her college education. She will be studying business management, just like Ryder and Kreo.

"Get your bags. Your dad and I will be out in ten minutes." Aubree washed her plate and glass. "Yup, I will get my bag."

"Okay." Once they were done washing, Kreo and Aubree raced to their rooms. Cyrus and Isabelle chuckled as they watched their kids.

"I can't believe they grew up so fast," Cyrus muttered. Isabelle wrapped her arm around Cyrus's waist and hummed. "Yeah. . . They grow up well."

"Yeah. . ." Cyrus kissed Isabelle's head before they rushed to their room to get their belongings. It's a ritual in their household to drop their kids off at school or college on their first day.

*

"Xahria!" Aubree yelled in happiness. Xahria turned her head and waved her hand excitedly. "Babe!" They hugged each other and sighed in contentment. Kreo walked to where they stood. "You two were hanging out last night."

Aubree and Xahria rolled their eyes. "Yet. . . We miss each other," Xahria said, looking at her best friend.

Cyrus pointed his camera at the kids and clicked their pictures. Isabelle was standing near Cyrus with a content smile on her face. "Kids. . . Look at the camera," Cyrus called out. Xahria and Aubree wrapped their arms around each other's waist as they posed for the picture. Kreo stood beside Aubree with his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Make your best memories, and don't waste your youth," Isabelle said. They gave her a bright smile. "We won't."

"Hey, everyone. . ." Elwen joined them.

"Elwen, why weren't you answering your phone?" Kreo asked. Elwen hugged Xahria and Aubree. "Was in the kitchen. Trying on the new recipe, Mum shared."

"Oh."

"Hey, Uncle Cyrus. . . Hey, Aunty Belle. . ." Elwen greeted them, and they greeted him back.

*

"Elwen, can I get those brownies tonight?" Aubree asked, giving him the puppy dog eyes as he shook his head. "Nope, I'm busy with my schedule."

She held his hands. "Please. . . I promise to write your notes." He gave her a weird look. "Your handwriting sucks. Even if you are the last one to help me out. I wouldn't ask you to write my assignments or notes." He pushed her shoulder playfully.

"Fine― I will have a fight with Kenric on the weekend instead of you. How's the deal?" Elwen thought about it.

"I don't think William would be happy to hear that. He will strictly decline you standing in the ring instead of Elwen," Kreo said, wrapping his arm around Xahria as they made their way towards the block. "Ugh― We will do something, and I'm sure William will listen to my pleas."

"Good luck with that. He isn't happy with our training. I heard from Steven that he had made our new schedule. We would have to work out in the evenings."

Elwen gave a horrified look. "Is that true?" Xahria nodded her head in agreement. "Yup, he says we are sulking and ain't making any progress."

"Ugh. . ." Aubree groaned. "I don't like working out."

"But you like wearing trendy clothes. So suck it up," Kreo said. Aubree glared at him. "You shut up."

"Gladly."

"By the way, Rowen is coming home. . ." Elwen said. Aubree tensed hearing that. "Is he?"

"Mum's birthday is next week, and she wants him to be there." They nodded their heads. "Is he bringing his girlfriend?" Kreo asked. Elwen frowned his brows. "Girlfriend?"

"Ya. . . Didn't he post a picture with the caption 'GF'?" Kreo asked in confusion. Xahria and Elwen laughed while Aubree stayed silent. "I don't think she is his girlfriend. She's his new best friend he had met at the business meeting," Elwen said.

"Oh."

"So, do you think he will bring his friends from London?" Xahria asked. Elwen shrugged his shoulders. "Probably, Mum wants him to invite his friends. In a way, his friends are usually business associates' kids. So they might be present."

"I thought we were going to have a private birthday party this year," Aubree said.

"Initially, that was the plan, but the charity event has to be done this month. Not to plan twice, Mum decided to plan them together on the same date."

"That's a good idea," Xahria said. They reached the girl's block.

"Cool, see you girls later. Stay away from trouble," Kreo said, patting Aubree's head.

"Pfft." Aubree blew a raspberry. "Yeah. . . Stay away from trouble. Will meet for lunch," Elwen said.

"Ya." They hugged before Xahria and Aubree smirked as they wrapped their arms and walked towards the class.

"And here we come. . ."