5

Xahria huffed, pushing her hair away. She was waiting for everyone. Kreo and Elwen stood to her left, looking at their phone screens. "How long will it take?" Elwen asked.

"They will be here in five minutes. They need to walk, Elwen." Elwen shook his head and glanced at Kreo. "Whom are you texting brother?" 

"There's this junior, bro. He has been behaving weirdly." 

"Weird?" While Elwen and Kreo conversed, Xahria sat on her trolly bag. Her parents were waiting for other families. She saw Aubree with her parents. She waved her hand enthusiastically. 

The Mckenzies were behind the Weinburgs. "Did you bring your dress? You haven't forgotten it, right?" Xahria asked. 

"Nope, I brought it," Aubree replied. "What about you? You got your dress with you?" Aubree asked Ezarah. "Mine isn't a dress. It's a skirt."

"Cool, why are you moody? Is everything alright?" Xahria asked, wrapping her arm around Ezarah. Ezarah pointed her eyes at Kenric. "Did you two fight?" Aubree asked when she saw Kenric ignoring Ezarah.

"Kind of. He is sometimes dumb." Aubree and Xahria shared a look. "Why, what happened?"

"Kai was packing his bag, and I was in his room begging for that new printed hoodie he wore on television. When Kenric entered, saying the girl he was seeing made headlines." 

"Yeah?" Ezarah sighed. "Kai took the phone from Kenric and went through the articles. He called her from his phone; he was on call when Kenric made the comment saying she did look like transgender." 

Aubree's eyes widened. She had seen the article and genuinely felt terrible for Kai's girlfriend. They haven't met her officially but heard some good things about her from others. Kai was furious, and I snapped out immediately on Kenric for commenting."

"Instead of apologizing― All in his Lawyer's glory and voice, he said, 'I'm saying facts, geez. Calm down.' How did he end up being the most heartless person?" 

Xahria patted Ezarah's shoulder. "Darling, you and I know him. Kenric might not meant what he said. He spits what's on his mind."

"Did Kai hear him say that?" Aubree asked. "Nope, Kai was on the balcony as we were in his room."

"Thank God, where is he?" Xahria asked. "He's at the house. Will be coming in a minute or two." Aubree sighed as she thought about the Thanksgiving party. They were going to New Jersey, where McKenzie's family mansion is. 

This year, everyone decided to celebrate the Thanksgiving party at McKenzie's family mansion. They were going by their luxury private bus. "Anyway, did Angel call you?" Ezarah asked.

"Yeah, she won't be able to join us. As she needs to be present for an annual Christmas exhibit in London," Aubree said. 

"Yeah, I called her two days ago. I thought she would be joining us. I miss her. It's been months." Aubree smiled. "I miss her too. Don't worry. She will be coming home for Christmas."

"Yeah. . ."

*

Aubree smiled, getting off the bus. She heard Xahria groaning. Kreo was laughing, and Aubree rolled her eyes. "Shut up."