3

Xahria sighed, picking up the non-alcoholic mocktail. Standing beside her was Aubree, who was going through her phone. "What are you doing?" Aubree looked up from her phone and at Kreo.

"What do you mean?"

"You were busy staring at your phone. While we are waiting for you to speak."

"What am I going to speak?" Xahria chuckled, looking at the guests. "They have been asking you who is who."

"Huh― Right. . . Look, Xahria knew all the girls. I'm in between in a serious chat. Do not disturb." Aubree said before walking over to the other side.

Kreo rolled his eyes at his sister. "What's the problem with her? Why is she cranky?"

"Her date didn't show up. He kept telling her he was on the way, and now he ghosted her," Kenric answered. "She worries that he might've been in trouble or bad."

"What?" Kreo was shocked hearing that. "You guys decided to bring dates?" he asked Xahria.

"Yeah, weren't you planning on bringing anyone? Look, even Ezarah invited a boy." Kreo's eyes widened, and he looked at where Xahria was pointing.

"Nikolai brought a date, and Elwen also has a accompany," Kenric spoke.

"Wow. . . You guys didn't mention about this." Xahria looked at Kreo. "What's there to mention? It's a party, and you could always invite a date."

"My bad."

Aubree sighed, stepping out of the hall. She tried calling Jasper. She was excited, knowing she would bring her first-ever date from college to meet her parents.

For some reason, Jasper wasn't showing up. She met him in the fraternity house a few weeks ago. He was sweet and shy, just the way she liked. They had a few drinks and spoke on the deck for hours before sharing each other's numbers.

She invited him for a coffee date. They hit it off. She loved spending her time with him. When she knew he was comfortable with her, she asked if he wanted to be her date for a party.

He instantly agreed. She shared the invitation, dress code, and address, but no sign of him. "Wassup?" Startled, Aubree turned around to see Kai.

"What the fuck, Kai! How many times have I told you not to scare me." Aubree placed her hand on her beating heart. Kai smirked. "It's not my mistake that you easily get scared."

"What are you doing here?" Aubree asked. Kai flashed his phone. "I had to answer a call. You?" Aubree showed her cell phone. Kai took steps towards Aubree. "Wanna have a seat in the garden?" Kai's gaze went to the party. I need a break and company."

"Sure." They walked towards the garden. Aubree was careful with her dress before sitting beside Kai. They sat in silence. Kai, Nikolai, and Rowen returned home last night.

"Are you speaking with Angel?" Aubree asked, breaking the silence. Kai didn't answer, and Aubree sighed. "You know, she was expecting a call from you, and an apology will solve everything."

"It wasn't my mistake to apologize. And for now, it's better if we aren't in contact."

"Kai. . . Angel is sensitive and hurts her more if it's from you. She wasn't here because she knew you would be here."

Kai sighed. "Aubree, she's obsessed with me. I don't want her to be obsessed; she must focus on her art school. And I need to focus on my track. This is the reason why I'm against dating her. I don't want things to take bad turns in the family."

Aubree shook her head. "She isn't obsessed. She's in love―Since ages." Kai scoffed. "That's an obsession. I already told her that's ain't gonna work between us. She needs to focus on her career. I don't want to be the reason for her failure."