6

Aubree rolled her eyes, picking up the juice glass off the kitchen island. Kreo kept complaining that he didn't want pancakes or waffles for breakfast. 

"What do you want me to do?" Xahria asked. The elders decided to go camping with their old friends, leaving the kids home. "Don't we have bacon or bread or eggs?" 

"We are out of eggs, and there's no bread." Kreo's brows frowned in confusion. "Didn't we stock last night?" 

Angel chuckled. "We did, but early morning breakfast was made by our parents. Our Dads ate bacon, eggs and bread." Kreo groaned. Elwen, Kenric and Ezarah walked in from their rooms. 

"Good morning, everyone. . ." Ezarah said, plopping down on the bean bag. "What's for breakfast?" Elwen asked.

"Pancakes, waffles and juice." Kenric and Elwen shared a look before groaning. "I'm not in the mood for pancakes or waffles," Kenric said. Xahria placed the turner on the island. "Guys, I made the pancakes and waffles. If you are interested in eating them, have them. If not, go to the local store down the lane and get whatever you like."

Xahria pointed at the coffee machine. "There's a coffee machine and beans beside it." 

"You aren't going to make the breakfast?" Kenric asked. Xahria shook her head, "I'm done making the first round. The second round of breakfast duty is Elwen and Angel's." 

"The main point is, who will get the groceries?" Angel asked. Ezarah groaned and shook her head. "Please, I washed the dishes last night." 

"Even I washed the dishes, I'm out of it," Kenric and Kreo said simultaneously. Aubree finished her juice and got off the table. "I will get them, but who is coming with me?" Aubree washed her glass and placed it on the island. 

"I will join you," Xahria said, standing off the table. They walked out of the house wearing their sunglasses. 

"Why do you think it's humid?" Xahria asked. "Global warming, I think winter is going to be late." Xahria nodded her head. "There was a long climate change these past years, right?"

"Yeah. . . It snowed in March this year, and I think the same will happen next year," Aubree said as they walked down the street. The mansions on either side of the road were mostly empty. After walking three blocks, another lively street begins. 

Locals typically inhabit St. Nomads Street, which has a lively atmosphere with cosy cafes popular among young people and tourists. There is also Book Street, which has become an internet sensation.

"Do you want to join me for a book shopping on Friday?" Xahria asked. "Sure, Angel is leaving with Uncle Lorenzo and Aunt Zara on Friday."

"She is leaving already?" 

"Yeah, she's planning on a trip with her parents." Xahria hummed as they waited for the traffic signal. "That's nice. They were missing her, and they needed the trip." 

"Hey." They turned around to see kenric. "What are you doing here?" Xahria asked. "You girls might take time, and I need to get the peppercorn as well."