Chapter 1 - Missing In Action

Universal Century 0093...

The final battle between the Earth Federation Special Forces task force of Londo Bell and Neo Zeon was about to reach its climax.

Neo Zeon, a newly newborn Axis Zeon, declared the war against the Earth Federation after a man named Char Aznable –who went missing after the Gryps Conflict- revealed himself to the public as the new Zeon leader. The man had decided that in order for humanity to evolve into the beings known as Newtypes, they needed to migrate into space to achieve it. However, his plan involved using the old Zeon asteroid base, Axis, being dropped on Earth to cause an eternal nuclear winter, eventually forcing all of its inhabitants to migrate to space in an effort to avoid annihilation.

In response to this threat, the Earth Federation dispatched the Londo Bell unit, a special task force composed of mostly former members of AEUG (Anti Earth Union Group) and Karaba resistance fighters. Both groups had fought against the Titans, an elite unit of the Earth Federation Forces known for their brutality and cruel methods that had gone rogue, in what later became known as the Gryps Conflict. This unit was led by Bright Noa and Amuro Ray, the veterans who had fought the Principality of Zeon's forces ever since the One Year War, now over 14 years ago.

Despite facing multiple enemy ace pilots, numerous psycommu custom Mobile Suits, and Neo Zeon having a powerful assault Mobile Armor, the Alpha Azieru on their side, Londo Bell successfully carried out their attack and set off a massive detonation within the asteroid base meant to be used as a giant meteor upon the Earth. However, their objective was far from complete.

Because Axis had only been split into two pieces, one of which was still heading towards Earth and Londo Bell had no more nuclear warheads left to use...

...

Not too far from where Axis' other half was descending, a white Mobile Suit, the RX-93 Nu Gundam drifted in silence while surrounded by the debris of the asteroid and destroyed Mobile Suit parts. In the Nu's right hand was a red ball-shaped escape pod that was once a part of the MSN-04 Sazabi after their fierce duel which ended with the Gundam's victory.

Inside the Nu Gundam's cockpit was a man in his late twenties. He had short, wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and was clad in a white pilot suit without the helmet.

This man was Amuro Ray, the White Devil of the Earth Federation who had brought victory to Earth's forces against the Principality of Zeon during the One Year War using the powerful prototype Mobile Suit, the RX-78-02 Gundam.

Amuro felt a chill run down his spine at the sight of Axis falling towards Earth. After all that planning, their plan had ended in failure...

The Gundam pilot's face hardened again when he heard a voice emerge from his intercom as the Nu Gundam's head turned to the escape pod in its hand. A small window which showed the face of the Sazabi's pilot appeared on the panoramic screen.

Said pilot was a man in his early thirties. He had short, slicked back blond hair, blue eyes and wore an orange pilot suit. Like Amuro, he also didn't have his helmet on.

This man was Char Aznable, the infamous Red Comet of Zeon, infamously known for his skills in Mobile Suit combat and his red ace custom Mobile Suits as his nickname suggested.

"You only delayed the inevitable, Amuro." Char told his adversary. "This is the Judgment Day for Earth. Why can't you see that?"

"And what gives you any right to play god, Char!?" Amuro asked back with a frown and looked back at Axis. "It's just an oversized boulder! My Gundam can push it away!"