The Chair

The cub ran away from Sonic, knowing full well he wasn't safe. Tails soon realized he was lost, again... He sighed as he flew across the island, in hopes of finding Cuphead, Mugman, or even Elder Kettle.... anyone else but the Hedgehog he used to call his friend.

Tails soon scanned something interesting, a fire, something or someone seemed to be camping there. Tails' curiosity for the better of him, and he flew down to check it out. Tails' tails were getting tired, and he knew he had to stop for fresh water, oh well, he would fly down, get some water, then go check out that spot.

The Fox started flying...

Further

Further....

Suddenly, he rocketed down.

CRACK

The fox screamed as his tails suddenly snapped. They had become fully worn out due to the stress and anxiety of that morning. Tails went plummeting down. If he hit the ledge, he was a goner. Tails tried desperately to get his tails working. Suddenly, his tails straightened and he took flight...

At least for 2 feet.

He then heard the horrid snap, and he started plummeting again, before he could react...

THUD

Tails passed out instantly...

The cub woke up, he soon realized he was back in the void. Tails felt the sharp pain in his tails. He soon wondered how on earth he got there. Tails started sobbing as he took in everything that had happened in the past week. Knuckles had been his only real line of support, and now he had nothing.

Tails soon finally stood up to his feet, and instantly stumbled back down due to the jolt of pain in his legs. His tails were bent and seemingly broken. Suddenly, he heard a deep voice, Tails gasped in fear.

Eggman.

"Aww... little fox boy have nothing left?"

Instantly, Tails regained his anger. "YOU STOLE HIM FROM ME!" Tails screamed, in full fury. He instantly wished he hadn't said that. "Sorry Tails. Knucklehead is a pawn, and Sonic has just lost himself, not a team anymore, huh?" Eggman taunted, as Tails cried when Eggman brought up his former friends.

" Eggman..? "

"yes, Tails?" Eggman said, seemingly hoping for a fearful response, what he instead said  surprised him.

"I wanna go home..."

Eggman, seemingly taken aback by this, tried to come up with a clever response. "You know what, Tails? Everyone wants to go home, but we can't, can we?" Tails wished he could turn back time before everything happened, did it a different way, and maybe could be more than a prototype.

Tails teared up, he didn't wanna become "Tails" again.  "Please, Eggman, I'll do anything, just let me out...!" Tails begged, now sobbing. Everything will be okay, the cub told himself, knowing he was lying.

"Hey Tails?" Eggman interrupted . "Huh?" Tails said, turning to Eggman. "THINK FAST!" Eggman yelled, before sticking Tails with a needle. Tails screamed. His eyes widened, his mouth had red bits coming out of it. And tears were streaming down his face as Eggman injected the chemical. Eggman looked at him, smiling a lopsided smile.

"Lucky this is a dream, huh?"

Tails looked at Eggman, his vision blurry from all the crying. "I-I am not afraid of y-you!!" He yelled . "That face tells me otherwise!" Eggman said in a snide manner. His face was tear-filled, his body and tails were bruised, and his mouth was coughing up the blue chemical.