12. Caring For You

It had been a few days of living in the cave, and the pair was running low on food. Meaning Izuku was going to teach himself to hunt. He had figured out that he was venomous, which would definitly be helpful. He also had retractable claws, which would hopefully help him on his hunt further.

"Where are you going, Izu?" Eri asked, tilting her head. Izuku ruffled her hair, smiling, "Don't worry, I'm just going to get us more food. Stay here, I'll be back before you know it."

Eri nodded, and Izuku left the cave, going out into the wilderness. Izuku went to hide in the tall grass, his eyes searching for his prey. He crawled through the grass, careful to make as little sound as possible. He wasn't sure why he was doing it like this, but his instincts told him it would work. He heard a bush rustling, and turned his head to it, seeing a rabbit.

Perfect.

Izuku let his claws come out, and pounced on the rabbit, killing the poor thing with a claw to the heart. It was large enough to feed both of them, and Izuku brought it back to the cave. He then made a fire too cook it.

I can live like this..

[Oh The Timeskips Return]

Izuku's quirks kept coming up ever since he ran into the forest, most of them seemed to help his situation. It was as if he were designed to be a wild Nomu, and his two emotional quirks were just there to add on extra quirks because he just wouldn't become fully Nomu.

Speaking of his quirks, the one that gave him his whiskers, claws, and cat-like nose must've been developing further, because his ears were gone, replaced by fluffy, green cat ears.

Izuku and Eri were cuddled up together, Izuku curling his body around the sleeping girl protectively. He wouldn't let anything hurt Eri again.

Izuku wasn't tired enough to sleep, with his stamina quirk. So he lay awake, his ears perked straight out as he listened for any threats.

Eri awoke suddenly, crying. "No, no... I can't go back there... I don't wanna go back.. don't let them take me... please..." she whimpered, as Izuku sat up, wrapping his arms around her. "Hey, hey. You're safe now. I'll protect you, I promise. They won't hurt you anymore, okay?" Izuku said, rubbing the girl's back. She gripped onto his shirt, crying into his shoulder. Izuku continued telling her comforting words, allowing her to cry all her sadness out.

When she had finished crying, Izuku nuzzled her, earning a quiet giggle from Eri, "Izu, that tickles!!"

Izuku let out a small chuckle, as he stopped nuzzling her, getting a small tap on the nose. He scrunched his face up, letting out a 'meow'.

That surprised them both. Izuku didn't even mean to do it, he just.. did. Eri giggled, "so you are a cat!!"

"Who ever said I wasn't?" Izuku asked in response, rubbing his furry ear.

Eri giggled at him more, "your funny, Izu!!"

Izuku ruffled her hair, laughing.

And just like that, Eri had forgotten about her nightmare.

Eri hugged him, smiling brightly. That smile was contagious.

Izuku hugged her back.

Yeah, they could live like this.

[POV switch]

Class 1-A still had to prepare for the Provisional License Exams, even with the Nomu gone. The pros were looking for him, knowing that he was dangerous and couldn't stay out there unsupervised.

Ochaco had survived the bite from Izuku, luckily. His venom was similar to a snake's, so it wasn't all too hard for them to remove.

But she just didn't understand it. What could have possibly caused for him to run away like this? Especially right after he had been injured!

It just didn't fit with his clingy nature.

Unless that wasn't the case.

Maybe his clinginess wasn't natural to him, and just him trying to survive and avoid the villains.

And after being badly injured....

He would feel in danger in UA, and decide that in order to survive, he needed to get far away from UA.

It made sense to her, but she didn't like it.

She didn't like that the Nomu-boy felt at risk in an area such as UA, filled with heroes and high security. But the cause of this fear would've been from Bakugou.

Bakugou, who didn't get in any form of trouble due to his actions, because it was an "accident".

Ochaco hated that, because there was no way that could've actually been on accident!

The Provisional License exams were coming up next week, and Ochaco needed to work on her new super moves with the rest of the class.

A/N

wow, this is really short, sorry bout that!

anyways, the whole cat thing is coming from his 'animalistic' quirk, just so you know where that came from

Well, I'll see ya next chapter!!