TWO

After the three returned to SHIELD headquarters, Amara decided to go home and rest.

As Amara unlocked her apartment door, she set her stuff down and went to change out of her uniform. She changed into some black leggings and a dark green hoodie as well as pulling her black hair into a ponytail.

Before Amara made her way to the couch, she went to her fridge and grabbed some cookie dough. She never really ate a lot during the day so it wasn't like the cookie dough was going to do her any harm.

Amara always thought that when a girl ate cookie dough, it meant that she was sad. Amara wasn't sad. She just felt... alone. Which shouldn't really bother her considering she likes it like that.

But lately... she's been trying to get some perspective; perspective on how or why she shouldn't be alone.

While she was eating her cookie dough and watching Clueless, a feeling came over her as she got up and went to her bedroom.

She pulled out a small box that she kept under her bed and saw the treasures that she kept while growing up. These were the things that kept her sane, despite all of the insanity that she had been through.

Amara let out a slight laugh when she pulled out a small picture of two of the people that mattered to her most; her parents.

Deep down, even though they didn't get to be apart of her life for as long as she hoped, she always felt a connection to them; like they were trying to guide her through life.

The moment was interrupted when she heard her phone ringing.

She hurried back into the kitchen and got her phone. She looked at the caller ID.

Fury.

"Boss," she answered.

"Agent Stark... we have a Code 2-0-0-7," Fury said sternly.

Amara's face grew with seriousness yet, with fear as she took in Nick's words.

"Are you sure?" she asked blankly.

"I'll be at your location in five minutes. Be ready," Nick said ignoring her question as he hung up.

Amara quickly ran into her room and pulled on some black skinny jeans, a plain black shirt, and a worn out red leather jacket. She quickly pulled on her boots and grabbed her weapons.

She quickly scurried down the stairs and exited her building. Right in front was a black vehicle and she knew who it was as she quickly hopped inside the passenger seat.

Nick quickly took off, leaving Amara to really be concerned as to how bad the situation is.

"Fury..." she started as Nick starts to make a call.

"Activating communications encryption protocol."

"Open secure line 0405," Nick said to the car.

"Confirmed."

"This is Hill," the caller said.

"I need you here in D.C.-" Nick started, "- deep shadow conditons." Amara looked up at him with a questioning look.

"Give me four hours," Maria said.

"You have three, over." he said as he hung up.

Amara kept looking at Nick. "If they find me-"

"No one is going to find you," Fury interrupted.

Amara sighed as she looked in front of her. "What did you mean by deep shadow conditons?" She asked as Fury pulled up to a red light.