Hogwarts

https://weheartit.com/entry/155557799

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Nico awoke in the middle of the night, he hid his wings and noticed a raven as black as night. There was a note attached to it. Nico got it and read over it.

Dear Nico, 

Enjoy the raven. However, get another pet, preferably an owl. Ravens aren't exactly on the list of allowed pets. And owls can carry your letters. But, try to persuade the headmistress to keep the raven. By the way, you can name the raven.

Hades, Lord of the Underworld.

Nico rolled his eyes, then studied the raven. 

"I'll name you, Ombre. It means shadows in Italian. Now stay here, I'm gonna go get an owl, okay?"

The raven just flew onto the windowsill. Nico left and went to Magical Menagerie. As soon as he entered, all the animals moved away from him, except for one. A black-capped screech owl. He got it and paid for it. He bought owl food as well as a cage and a few other things owls and ravens would need. He went back to his room in the Leaky Cauldron. 

"I'll name you Morte." 

The owl just looked at him. It noticed the raven. Morte flew over to the windowsill and was playing around with Ombre. Looks like Underworld creatures got along well. Nico sighed and laid down on the bed. 

"The school year has already started. I'm gonna wait for someone and then we'll go to Hogwarts." 

Ombre just tilted his head. Nico went down to the pub. He sat down. Suddenly, he noticed a woman there.

"Good morning. Are you Nico di Angelo?"

"Yeah. Headmistress McGonagall I'm guessing?"

"Yes. You're from the ancient di Angelo bloodline, correct?"

"Yes."

"Are your things all packed?"

"Yeah."

Nico brought his bags and they walked out of the Leaky Cauldron. McGonagall made his bags float. 

"Is that a raven?"

"Yeah. Am I allowed to keep it? It was a gift from my dad."

"Very well. You may keep it."

She grabbed his arm and they vanished. In front of them was a castle. 

"Alright, we're here. Now, which year are you going to?"

"Can I go to seventh?" 

"The seventh years are all 18."

"Why?"

"Because of the war last year. Everyone has to redo their grade level since they didn't learn much."

"What about the new first years?"

"They're joining the old first years."

"That must be really weird. But can I join the seventh years?"

"If you can pass the test."

Nico told Morte to go to the owlery. They entered the office. McGonagall gave him a few written tests. Afterwards, he did the tests that required him to actually do something other than writing. He brought out his wand. 

"Stupefy." He shot it at an a person who instantly fell. 

McGonagall looked at him.

"What do you wish to be when you graduate?"