Chapter 5 Initiation Ceremony

Emmaline's POV

"Stand taller! Hold your head up high, have more confidence! You're the Moon Goddess who has power and control over everything! Don't bounce while walking, walk gracefully! Again!" Cynthia instructed, sternly and I did what I was told. Sheesh. Being a Moon Goddess is hard. Who knew you had to go through all this harsh training? Or maybe Cynthia is just the one who is being harsh..

We have been doing this training for nearly a month and there's only one week left before the initiation. I feel sooo tired. I wonder what everyone else is doing..

"Alright, that's it for today. Make sure you get a lot of rest tonight. We will be doing more tomorrow." Cynthia said as she slacked on the couch that appeared out of nowhere. "Who knew training someone is as hard as being trained?"

I shrugged and went out through the portal that leads back to my secret paradise. The sky was filled with grey clouds, blocking the sun. When I looked up, a small, chilly breeze blew and the first droplet touched my forehead. What's going to happen to me after I become the Moon Goddess? Will I ever get to meet up with my friends again? Is this what I really want..? The same questions I ask every time I finish training came again.

Sighing, I sat under a blue coloured tree and watched the droplets fall to the ground from the grey sky. I tried to find the answers to my questions but once again, I couldn't so I just decided to look at my soothing paradise when a black grand piano suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I cautiously walked up to it and saw a sticky note on it that said, "Here's a piano that you can play to let your stress and feelings out. Enjoy :)
Love, Cynthia.
P.S. You can keep it."

I smiled for the first time in weeks. I sat on the piano bench and started playing Chopin Étude op.25 no.11 "Winter Wind" (A/N it's the vid on the top. If it doesn't work for some reason, feel free to find it in YouTube) The weather was making an angry, sad and gloomy atmosphere and the sound of the rain was singing along to the melody. Slowly, the sky started becoming brighter and the rain stopped. A ray of lighted shone down on the pond, making it glisten and sparkle beautifully while the water droplets on the colourful flowers were glittering. Now this was the life. If only this moment can last forever..

~~~~

~One week later~

I ran up to my friends and hugged them tightly when they came in the paradise. I got permission to act like that because I wasn't technically the Moon Goddess yet. "Yet". The word sounds very intimidating to me.

"Oh my gosh, Emmaline!! It's been ages!!" Zoe said excitedly.

"Why the f*ck didn't you visit us!?" Amelia asked, crossing her arms. "You little sh*t- just kidding."

"I was too busy! I honestly really wanted to visit." I said convincingly.

"Hey, guess what?" Anna asked suspiciously.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Megan and Tiane are-" Before Anna could finish, Tiane and Megan both blocked her mouth from speaking and laughed nervously.

'Pregnant.' She finished through mindlink.

"Oh wow. So that's why you guys looked somewhat different. You've been busy." I joked.

"Shut up." They said simultaneously.

"At least I don't already have 3 kids." Tiane said, teasing Megan.

Before they could start arguing, Amelia told them both to shut up and behave. She reminded them that they're both pregnant women and that they're not five year olds.

Cynthia was kind enough to give us an hour to catch up with each other before the initiation ceremony starts, which wasn't enough time for us but was better than nothing. They told me about embarrassing moments I missed out on, showed me a red coloured photo album they made with pictures of our time together and just gossiped about everything. What felt like 2 minutes later, Cynthia told us that it will be starting in a few minutes and that I needed to get ready.

I got changed into what looked like a wedding dress (A/N It's on the top/side) and brushed my hair. Once I was finished, I walked to the stage and faced the audience which were my friends and everyone from the Blood Moon Pack. According to Cynthia, every werewolf in the world was there spiritually too, which I found quite creepy but oh well..

"Tell me, Emmaline, what name have you selected to call yourself from now on?" Cynthia started, her voice overflowing with power.

"I have selected the name Selene from the Titan Goddess of the moon." I replied calmly.

"Are you, Selene, prepared to take the Moon Goddess' responsibilities?"

"Yes."

Cynthia then started saying a chant. While she did, I could feel power going inside me which was a whole new experience. When she was done, she looked at me straight in the eye as if peeking at my soul. "Selene, you will now have to sacrifice something very important to the moon."

"What is it?" I asked, scared for my life.

Her eyes showed great pain and sadness for a second. "You will have to sacrifice everyone's memories of you."

Everyone's... Memories of me..? Without realising, tears started to fall. Cynthia looked away. She knew about this all along? Why didn't she tell me? I looked at the audience and saw that time was frozen for them. "Why didn't you tell me?" I managed a whisper, my tears staining my face.

Cynthia didn't look at me. "I knew you wouldn't want any of this.."

"Of course I wouldn't want any of this! Who would!?" I yelled.

"I had to go through this too!" She yelled back, finally looking at me and I saw her tears sparkling in the moonlight.

I froze. My thoughts swirling in my mind swiftly as if a serial killer was chasing it.

"I had to go through this too.. But I decided to do it anyways if it meant I could save my children. Even if they forget about me.. As long as they live.." Cynthia whispered, pain was obvious in her voice.

"What do you mean..?"

"I was mated to a human boy which I loved dearly. We had a happy life together and made 5 werewolf children but they easily got sick. A bit after I found out I was going to be the Moon Goddess, I also found out that they were close to death. So when I had to sacrifice losing people I love and take their memories of me, it hurt. But I did it just for my kids." Cynthia said with so much pain and sadness that she seems so fragile, like she's going to break if I touched her. "I made them human and they became healthy after I became the Moon Goddess."

"Is.. Is that why no werewolf and humans were mates?"

"Yes but some werewolves still fall in love with humans and end up rejecting their werewolf mates."

"That's what happened with Amelia's mother?"

"Yes. I gave her a mate that would change her into a proper Luna but she didn't want any of that so she mated a human that she liked for a while instead." Cynthia said and suddenly realised that we were in the middle of an initiation ceremony. "We better finish the initiation ceremony. What are you going to do, Emmaline?"

"I will become the Moon Goddess, Selene." I decided. I walked over to the black grand piano, sat on the piano bench and played Chopin étude op.25 no.11 again only this time, I played it with sadness and.. Loneliness. Time was moving again and the audience fell asleep. Cynthia took their memories and teleported them back home. The "home" I will never get to go back to.

When I finished playing, I looked around and saw nothing but my paradise and Cynthia standing there, alone. She looked at me and said, "Good luck." Before she disappeared into thin air.

At the corner of my eye, I saw something red. Turning towards it, I saw the red photo album my friends had made, sitting on the grass. Inside, there were multiple pictures of everyone and a space between them where I was supposed to be in. I no longer exist in anyone. Emmaline no longer exists..