Chapter 6 What Will Happen Now?

Emmaline's POV

"What will happen now?" I asked myself, looking at the smiling pictures from the photo album.

Suddenly, I heard a twig break. I swiftly spun my head towards the sound and saw.. Ethan..?

Out of shock, I dropped the album. The silver moonlight shone down on him like a spotlight as if to point at him saying "Look! It's your mate who cheated on you! Twice!"

I opened my mouth to say something but words wouldn't come out. I haven't dared to see his face and I never wanted to ever again. I was already a moron the first time, I'm not gonna be deceived again this time.

"Emmaline.." The a**hole spoke.

"I think you've got the wrong person, young man." I managed to say. My words were dripping with maliciousness, hatred, anger and power.

He whimpered but stood back up again and looked at me straight in the eye as if to look at my soul. "You are Emmaline and I know it. You're my mate." He added.

I clenched my fist as hard as I can and suddenly, fire was burning on it. "My name is Selene, not Emmaline and I. Am. Not. Your. Mate." I said, punching him on the face with my fire burning fist. Oops. It's my first day being the Moon Goddess and I'm already doing this. At this rate, all hell will break loose, literally.

"Emmaline, please forgive me. I was brainwashed and my body was controlled!" He said.

I simply glared at him. There's no way in hell I'm going to believe that crap.

"Emmaline, please! Believe me!" He begged.

I looked away. Now that I think about it, if Emmaline no longer exist in anyone, how can Ethan remember? Shouldn't his memories of me be gone? "My name is Selene, Emmaline no longer exists." I say softly before walking away to the portal in the pond.

I was back to the comfort of heaven. I've decided to leave all of my pain and sorrow behind. This was my destiny as a Moon Goddess, there's nothing to do but to accept it. I need to stop thinking about myself and focus on my people.

I created a bubble that shows me everything. There were my friends, playing and mucking around like they usually do. Oh look, someone just came of age to find their mate. Her name is Janet, age 16. Personality: cheerful, girly and innocent. Her destined mate shall be.. Mark, age 16. Their personalities tie together perfectly. His personality is cool, calm and collected. They will meet each other in four months and their relationship will be interesting. But look, there's a shy girl named Lisa hidden in the shadows. She has a secret crush on Mark. Lisa, age 15. Personality: shy, awkward and cute. We'll see what happens, I'll leave it up to her to write her destiny. I wonder what will happen next.

Making a soft bed appear out of thin air, I land on it face first and sighed. Is this what I'm really going to do for the next few generations? Well, I guess it's quite fun matching people together and making their lives interesting.

The image of my friends laughing and smiling while I'm not there suddenly popped in my mind. Looks like they've completely forgotten me, huh? Without realising it, tears were falling..