in which i drive

so to preface this whole fiasco, let's establish i have a fear of driving.

so, today my parents were all about me driving. they almost had me drive home from the bus stop. needless to say i had a panic attack and sobbed. my mom filmed it all btw. so my neighbor actually was going out for driving practice and my dad thought it would be great idea for me to join them. my neighbor said no since she still had a fear of driving from her wreck earlier this year. anyway, we backed into our driveway, me still crying.

so, my mom had to literally drag me to the driver's side of the car. i literally hated it. so, my dad calmed me down and began explaining gears and seat positions and mirrors and all that jazz. so finally i drove across the col de sac? (idk how to spell it. you know, the circle at the end of the road.) into my neighbor's driveway. then, i adjusted the mirrors and reversed out and back across to our driveway. then we circled around for a bit before turning out and driving down other col de sacs. i forgot to signal a few times but luckily our neighborhood is quiet and I'll practice more. importantly, i didn't crash my dads car, other cars, or hop the curb. so yeah, we spent about 45 minutes driving. it was kinda fun and still pretty scary.

so, apparently i did well. i drove veryyyyyy slow (~12 mph) and my braking was a bit rough but i will practice. now i have to learn my way around bc I'm bad with directions. but yeah, it was successful.

that's my first experience driving a car. hope it wasn't too lackluster.

-peaches