i miss you // fluff

"but saiharaaaa!!" ouma whined.

"i know, kichi. i don't wanna leave either." saihara sighed, giving his boyfriend a quick peck on the forehead. "i'll be back before you know it!" he assured him.

the two were currently at the airport, and saihara was expected over in tokyo for his work. it was quite the trip, so he had to leave home and his boyfriend.

"flight 6! tokyo!"

"ah.. i suppose that's your cue to go.." ouma sighed. saihara could see how upset he was, so he wrapped his arms around his waist, picked him up and hugged him a final time until he had to leave. "i'll see you soon, kichi. i love you!" saihara said and waved, as he walked away.

ouma held his breath until he saw saihara go through the door. he sighed in defeat, and quickly retreated to their home.

when he got home, he realized how empty their home was without saihara. he hadn't even realized the tears streaming down his face before he saw them drip onto the floor.

ouma had never been without saihara since their relationship started. yes, he had plenty of experience being alone, but he hadn't been by himself in a long time.

throughout the night, he sulked. he kept telling himself it was silly that he missed saihara so much, since he'd be home next week. however, he still felt lonely.

he suddenly realized he really had no way to get to sleep. as much as he wouldn't want to admit it, he felt safe around saihara, and felt warm in his embrace. he shivered at the thought that he wouldn't have his boyfriend with him tonight.

soon, it struck midnight. ouma was still wide awake. saihara typically helped ouma get to bed, even if he himself wasn't tired. ouma felt he didn't deserve saihara.

around 4am, he decided he would at least try to fall asleep on his own. he changed, brushed his teeth, and took his meds. as soon as he crawled into bed, he knew something was missing. obviously, he knew what was, but he still felt uneasy.

he held onto saihara's pillow. he wasn't used to such little physical contact.

he pulled out his phone.

4:09 a.m.

ouma: hey, are you awake?

saihara: i am now.

ouma: oh... i'm sorry

saihara: it's okay. did you need something?

ouma: not really... i just miss you :(

saihara: awh, i miss you too kookie. i'll be home soon.

ouma: i know...

saihara: is something wrong?

ouma: i can't really fall asleep without you

saihara: ah, i see.. well, if it makes you feel any better, the trip was shortened by a few days, the boss has a wedding to attend to. so, i should be home in 3 days.

ouma: really? that's awesome!

ouma: saihara?

ouma: ....

6:34 a.m.

saihara: oh! i'm so sorry kichi, i fell asleep..

ouma: it's okay!!

saihara: woah, that was fast. why are you awake?

ouma: no reason.

saihara: please don't lie to me..

ouma: okay fine. i didn't sleep yet.

saihara: you need rest, kokichi.

ouma: i know.. it's just hard without you here.

saihara: i'm sorry. i'm coming home soon, alright? i have to work now, but i'll talk to you the next chance i get. i love you, kichi.

ouma: i love you too, saihara-chan!! bye bye!!

ouma sighs. he put his phone down and rolled over for the hundredth time that night. or morning, rather. he buried his face in saihara's pillow.

"why did you have to leave?" he whispered, while desperately trying to sleep. eventually, he'd fallen asleep.

the next morning when he woke up, he felt a familiar warmth against himself. he almost fell back asleep, but then realized that saihara was still away. when he turned around..

there he was. saihara.

said boy was already awake, smiling when ouma turned to face him. he pulled ouma in closer and rested his chin on ouma's head.

"what... are you doing here..?" ouma muttered, confused as to why his boyfriend was here.

"i'm cuddling you. what does it look like i'm doing?" saihara joked.

ouma pouted. "tell meee!!"

saihara laughed. "okay, okay. i decided to come back home. i know how hard it is for you to be alone."

ouma smiled. "but... what about your work?" he said as his face dropped.

"the boss said there wasn't as much work as she had anticipated. so, she let a few of us go home."

"so you're staying?" ouma said as he looked up at saihara.

"i'm staying." saihara said as he placed a gentle kiss on ouma's forehead.

wow! these bitches gay!
good for them!
good for them.