Whirlpool (2p Alastor xMermaid! Reader)

This was such a unique idea for a one shot and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for the request, OliviaRzucidlo4973 . I hope you know it took all of my power to not name it 'I ship it'. 

Y/n's Pov

The bubbles clouded the liquid as the body fell through the water.  I jumped back and hid behind a wall of coral. The person drifted down to the sand as the shadow from the ship above sailed away. I cautiously began swimming over, my tail moving swiftly behind me. I approached the body to see a man. His face was pale which was complemented by his Saphire hair with white tips that swayed softly with the water's current. The fish that had originally scattered from his small figure had come back to nibble at his clawed hands. I moved to touch his face as his eyes opened. I tilted my head with a kind smile at him as he opened his mouth in a panic to scream. Air bubbles swarmed from his lips as I fell back onto the sand. The man grabbed his throat quickly as he began looking light-headed. He looked up at the gap from the surface of the water. His eyes went to me with a pleading fog covering their glistening blue color. I hesitantly moved towards him as he attempted to swim upwards. " Oh! You wanna go up to the surface?" I asked. He stopped gazing up as he looked at me, nodding eagerly. "You only needed to ask." I chuckled with a grin before grabbing his arms and swimming up to the surface.  He gasped for air as the water around us rippled. I moved him over to a rock he could sit on as he scrambled up on the sun-warmed stone. I propped my head upon my hands as he caught his breath. "Are you alright?" I asked, watching him.  He nodded, spitting up some water. I shifted my head to one of my hands as I laid the other down. I finally got a good look at him. He was in a blue pinstripe suit with dress shoes. His hair had two ears atop his head which were folded back as he caught his breath, along with two small antlers. "Are you not going to get up here?" he asked in a small voice. "Oh no, I prefer the water." I answered as a small crab scuttled over the rock. When he noticed the crab, he yelped, falling back into the water. I bolted up to grab his hand and pull him back up. "Careful!" I squeaked, "It was just a crab!". When he got back up onto the rock, his face was a few inches from mine with our fingers still entwined. A blush dusted both of our cheeks as we gazed into each other's eyes. 

Alastor's Pov

I gazed into their shimmering e/c eyes and the small features in their face.  Their beautiful porcelain-like skin. The way their h/c hair slicked back after being in the water. The beautiful scales that covered small sections on their face.  'Wait...scales?' I thought to myself. "Y-you have scales?" I shrieked, moving my head back. "Well, um, yes." they muttered, the slight hurt crossed their face. Letting go of my hands, they moved the bottom half of their body into sight. The glistening tail swung into view as I stared at it. Scales covered their legs with small fins protruding from their feet, or at least where they should have had feet. The light made the scales sparkle in the mid day sunlight. "You didn't notice at first?" they asked, looking away.  "I was a bit too busy trying not to drown that it must have slipped my mind." I admitted. After a moment of silence, my hand hovered over their tail. "Um, may I?" I asked. They blushed and nodded. "O-of course." they answered, "May I touch your ears?". I could feel my face heat up. "It's only fair." I replied. I ran my hands down the slick tail as a shiver ran down their spine. I chuckled softly as their delicate hands moved towards the tuffs of fur atop my head.  I smiled as they pet my ears, rubbing them softly with their thumb. After a moment, I spaced out before hearing a small laugh. I tilted my head. " You're drooling." they explained, beaming.  My cheeks burned as I grabbed out my small handkerchief from the pocket on my chest, wiping the edges of my mouth. "Pardon me." I murmed. "It was quite..." they began before placing their finger on their chin, pondering for a word, "Cute, I believe you people would put it.".  A smile lifted the corners of my mouth, shifting my gaze to their e/c orbs. "Really?" I asked, grabbing one of their hands. "Of course." they answered. I lifted their hand to my lips as I place a kiss upon the backof their hand. "In that case, my dear," I said, the blush on their face reddinging more by each second, "You may touch my ears at any time you wish.". "Promise?" they whispered, look down at our entangled hands. "Indeed. On my soul, if I had one." I promised, moving my other hand to cup their cheek.

A/n's note: There will of course be a part two to this.