2

Serena's POV would contain some korean words since she's a half korean. Please don't hesitate to correct me if I misuse/mistranslate words or phrases.

I hope you would enjoy reading Reckless Decisions of Youth. Xoxo~

———

Serena Jong

I've been clouded by dark days and stormy nights, I've been through things that I will forever carry in this lifetime. I wouldn't say that life is all about butterflies and glitters because I sure experienced hell first hand.

"We fully support your decision, Eun-hye." I gave her a faint smile, life might've been a bitch to me but how lucky I am to have an understanding parents.

"You sure mom? You sound like you'd go ballistic once I get there." I tried lighting up the mood around us, she's been sensitive since I brought up my decision for college.

"Honey, your daughter is a strong and capable woman. Trust her and besides didn't you want for her to learn more about your culture? This is the right time for that." My dad tapped mom's back, he was comforting her and at the same time assuring her that I will be fine.

"nan gwaenchanh-ayo eomeoni geogjeonghaji maseyo." (I'll be okay mom, don't worry) She smiled and hurriedly went to my side to help me pack my things while dad went out to answer a call.

"I know how things have been for you here in Korea that's why when you said you wanted a fresh start, I understood it immediately. Though, I still can't believe that my sweet daughter have been scarred while I was still by your side. I have failed you, sweetie." Her eyes was already filled with tears and any moment her eyes won't hold it for long. Why do she always blamed herself?

"Mom it's in the past." I wanted to cut this conversation as soon as possible, it's making us emotional.

"If only I've been more attentive, if only I stayed and broke you wall harder, if only I have done something, you wouldn't have to go through that scary and miserable challenge." I smiled a bit and well, my mom's tears have finally rolled down her cheeks.

After confessing to my parents all the bullying and public shaming I always get during my learning days, after telling them that I was a victim of bullying, they have been blaming their selves .

"You have nothing to apologize mom, it was me who didn't want to worry you, it was my decision to keep this all to myself." She cried harder that I found myself was also crying with her.

"Yah! Why are you guys crying?" We suddenly burst in laughter when my dad entered my room looking like a water have been splashed all over him.

"It's nothing dad, as always mom have been emotional." Mommy pinched my cheeks and we all laughed together.

Deciding on something big just like this really took all courage I have, the moment high school ends, I wanted to get over my fear of people and start my a new journey and college have been the perfect gateway for it.

"My daughter is now maturing." Daddy hugged me and wiped my tears.

"I owe it all to you Mr. and Mrs. Jong" When I opened up to them, my dad was all over the place, he wanted to report those kids, report the school and get me therapy but my mom stayed silent and went to her knees. She begged for forgiveness, she cried and cried saying that it's all her fault.