𝒢𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃 𝑅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓍 𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹! 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇

This wasn't requested by anyone but I really wanted to do a Gavin x Child Reader oneshot since I've only seen like 2 of them so I wanted to make one!  (Also you're 13 in this story)

- Your POV -

I was walking on the side of the road, in the freezing rain but I couldn't turn back because who knows what would happen if I did. What if my mother would see me? Or worse, my father. I never really had a good family, I don't know why they had a kid if they would just treat their only one like complete shit. I was finally running away from them, more like walking away really, but i had no idea where I could go. I pulled back my hood just a little bit so I could see better. I was looking around till my eyes laid on a laundromat. 'Perfect'  I thought as I began to sprint towards the building.

I opened the door and walked into the laundromat then pulled down my hood. My hoodie was soaked with the cold liquid that fell from the sky outside but I was relieved to feel heat in the building. I sat down onto one of the seats and decided on waiting for the rain to stop.

I heard the door open but paid no mind to it and simply looked down at the tiled floor. "Fuckin' tin cans.." was all the person who entered the building said.  I let out a small chuckle at the words the deep voice said. I looked up and my eyes were met by a man seemingly in his 30's with dark brown hair, stubble on his chin, a scar on his nose and an outfit that seemed sort of like yours.

"What're you doing here kid? It's late. You should be at home with your parents." The man asked, confused as to why you we're out of your house at 10:00 PM. "I'm not going back there." I told the man who let out a sigh and sat down next to me. I wasn't afraid, he seemed like a genuine nice guy, rough around the edges and clearly swears a lot from his choice of words, but other than that he seemed pretty chill. "And why is that?" he asked looking in my direction, but not exactly at me.

"My parents just... they don't really like kids. To say the least." I said tilting my head up and relaxing my posture into the seat. "Then why the hell would they have one if they don't like them?" he asked sounding slightly angry. "Don't know, don't care." I said sighing. "What's your name?" I asked him tilting my head to look at him. "Gavin. Gavin Reed. You?" he asked me, leaning back into his seat as well. "(Y/N) (L/N)." I said staring plainly at the ceiling now. "You don't have anywhere to go, do you kid? I can bring you to the DPD and find you a place to go for the night. I know we just met and you're like, 5 years old and shouldn't trust strangers but-" "First of all, I'm not 5, I'm 13. Secondly, anywhere is better than my house." I interrupted then sat up straight. "You're still just a little kid anyway. But I'll bring you to the DPD." he said getting up and fixing his hoodie. I did the same and I followed him to his car and opened the door. 

His car wasn't very clean, cigarette boxes  in the coaster along with way too many empty cups of coffee. But somethings' better than nothing. I put on the seat belt and sat comfortably in the car. There was an awkward silence so I decided to end it. "What's your job?" I asked staring at the outside as it rained. "I work at the DPD. Solving cases of some fuckin'.. androids." I nodded and continued to stare out the window for a few minutes. "We're here." he said as he opened his car door. I opened the door on my side and stepped out into the rain. It had calmed down a bit but hadn't stopped.

I followed Gavin to the police Department as he opened the door and held it out for me as he walked in. I slightly smiled at the kind gesture and closed the door behind me. I looked at the watch on my wrist and saw that it was nearly 1 AM. I wondered why they were still working but ignored it afterwards. Gavin was talking with an android at the front desk then looked at me and waved his hand in a way to tell me to get over there. I got up and followed him as we arrived into what I assumed was the offices and the actual work place. I stood closely beside him, not wanting to get lost somewhere in the fairly big room. I heard him make a 'tch' sound but shrugged it off and continued to follow his lead.

We got to what I assumed to be his desk and told me to wait there. I looked at his desk and saw plenty of plastic cups scattered all over. 'Jesus. he should at least TRY to keep his things clean.' I thought looking at all the things on his desk. I sat down on his chair and let out a heavy sigh. What the hell have I gotten myself into.

(Comment if you guys want a part 2! I wrote much more than I thought I would eheheh...nearly 1000 words-)