𝒢𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃 𝑅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓍 𝒞𝒽𝒾𝓁𝒹! 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝓉.𝟤

(M/N) = Mother's name

(D/N) = Dad's name

(S/N) = Street name 

(H/N) = House number

- Your POV -

I swung my feet back and forth, leaning back on the chair and making myself comfortable. "Damn, I was gone for less than five minutes and you've already made yourself at home." I heard Gavin say from beside me. I spun around on the chair and grinned at him. "You're chair is pretty comfy though." I said 

Gavin sighed and nudged me, signaling to get off the chair. I hopped off the chair and leaned on the side of his desk. "You said don't have anywhere to go, right?" he asked. I nodded and put my hands in my sweater pocket. "We're they...Y'know..hurting you..? Or like..verbally..?" Gavin asked, trying to put it in a kind way. "Verbally." I said bluntly, just staring at the floor. "I mean, we are at a Police Department so I could report what happened, what they said to you, how it made you feel. I could find someone to uhh, take care of you." Gavin said, looking at me. I continued to stare at the floor and I nodded.

"Alright, follow me kid." Gavin responded as he got up from his chair and began to walk towards a door that said "Captain Fowler" on it. He knocked on the door and a man, presumably Captain Fowler, yelled "Who is it?!" 

-3rd Person POV -

Gavin opened the door and Captain Fowler was pretty shocked. Never had he expected to see Gavin beside a child, let alone seen with one. "Didn't know you had a kid, Gavin." Captain Fowler said, smirking. "She's/he's not my kid. Found em' at the Laundromat and she/he told me that she/he left home for a reason." Gavin said looking at you.

"And why is that?" Captain Fowler asked standing up and walking to you, bending down to your level. "My parents, they don't really like me. I got tired of them yelling at me and telling me they never wanted a kid. So I left." you answered, looking at Captain Fowler.

"Hm, well, I can tell that you're a nice kid. What are your parent's names?" he asked walking back to his desk and getting a notepad. "(M/N) (L/N) and (D/N) (L/N)." you said as Captain Fowler wrote down their names. "And where do you live?" he asked, looking back at me. "(S/N) (H/N)." you answered, keeping your hands in your sweater pockets.

- Time skip to after the investigation and when Gavin "adopts" you -

- Your POV -

Gavin and I sat in the car, driving to his house probably. "Everything happened so quickly..sorry kid.." Gavin said sheepishly. "I'm glad you found me Gavin, don't be sorry." I responded, smiling at him. He glanced at me and sighed, "You're too nice kiddo." I smiled softly at me before looking back at the road.

Soon enough we got to his house, it was sort of messy but it could be worse. "Sorry about the mess kiddo." Gavin chuckled as he put away a few things. "It's fine, you don't have to clean up chill." I chuckled along with him.

Gavin looked at me, smiled and pat my head. "So you're like, my kid now." I mean, yeah. I was, wasn't I? I looked up at him and hugged him. "Woah-woah! Hey, you okay?" Gavin asked as he patted my hair again. "Thank you." I said, muffled. "No problem kid, you seem nice so I think you'll be okay here."

"I love you, dad."