Radiodust Oneshot: Fleeting

Art Credit: Humph
Note: I had some writer's block with this forgive the stereotypical plot hhhh-
Also there's some mildly sexual scenes- so beware I guess? XD

"Cut. No, that was trash compared to your previous work Angel. We are not finished. Do the scene again. And if you're going to continue to perform this badly, I don't want to hear any complaints."

The smooth but venomous words Valentino hissed out wound around the blaring fuchsia lights of the studio. They were so loud that they managed to reach the other rooms and hallways earning a narrowed glance from Vox. Angel Dust's chest fur rose and fell at a rapid pace while he cast an almost desperate look at Valentino. It WAS desperate actually, as desperate as it could get. He was worn out from doing so many takes of the same scene.

"C'mon Val, it's gettin' tiring for both us doing this again and again. You look like you need a break and I've been doing a pretty good job keeping my trap shut so I think I deserve one too- "

"Angel. I said. Do the scene again. Without interruption."

Although every word Valentino spoke was significantly quieter now they still hammered a sense of fear into Angel Dust. That was just one of the unusual things about the overlord; when he was truly enraged he never yelled but made his voice small and almost inaudible without lacking any amount of hate instead. Like a spider that silently crept up and bit you. Angel Dust thought it sounded nothing like when Alastor's voice got soft. He'd heard the deer-demon sing quietly to himself in the upper floors of the Hazbin Hotel on certain nights. A literal and metaphorical melody that made him want to smile and leave all of hell with him for somewhere different. Possibly in his old home, long ago when he was Anthony.

Valentino's voice just made him want to stare dreadfully into his eyes, eyes filled with pools of pink. He was still speaking to him.

"I'm sorry, are you tired from all of the SIDE WORK you've been doing?"

The emphasis on the words "side work" certainly got Angel to zone back in, one black and one white eye widening.

Shit. He knows about it then. All those "quick cash grabs" really stacked up, huh? I guess that isn't fair to him, but who in this damn company cares about being fair? Not him, and not me today.

Angel bent down to swipe his striped shirt and leave but Valentino was even quicker to take possession of one of his gloved wrists. A tiny hint of anger traced the actor's heart but was mostly overtaken by that useless fear again, pulling him in one place like an invisible string.

"Don't think I didn't know about it, Angel. As I've said before I keep all of my employees close. Especially my favorites." The large purple spider looked at Angel Dust in disgust. "What you're doing is robbing ME of cash by spending all your time and effort on street dwellers. Anything to say about that?"

"...No."

"Good." The glimmer in Valentino's glasses flickered reflecting Angel's face.
"Now do the scene again."

***

The hotel lounge was quiet. As they say, "too quiet." It was lacking a certain feel to it, meaning it was lacking a certain person. Alastor noticed this while humming to himself gazing at one of the hallway's paintings.

"Hm."

And he's gone. Doing... business possibly, but I think I'd be able to hear it from here if that were the case.

Thinking about it made Alastor's ears flatten and bristle in anger, although he didn't exactly see why. Even though his smile told a different story he felt agitation from the itch of waiting for the spider demon after a while. Then he realized he was waiting.