[4] Will

Friday morning I woke up to King walking on my gut. Ow.

Rubbing the tiredness from my eyes I was happy to say it was seven, meaning my jet lag was getting much better. I quickly got up and took a shower because, well, showers felt like heaven in the morning and woke me up. I heard King whine from behind the bathroom door because she was one of those dogs that needs 24/7 attention. Including when I need to use the bathroom. However, I was not letting her in while I showered because her face just always seemed to be laughing at me!

After I washed up my hair and rinsed the shampoo out I dried off and got dressed. My hair was more defined when wet, stringy and in small strands like those cartoon hairstyles. Before I left I flipped the fan on to clear the fogged up mirror.

Just as I suspected, King was waiting for me the instant I opened the door.

Her tail slid across the floor as she looked up happily.

"One of these days," I muttered, giving her her morning scratch and kisses.

Yes, I am one of those owners who kiss their dogs on the lips. Judge me, okay? If I can't have a boyfriend to kiss at least I have my dog. And oh boy, it was my "lucky" day. King promptly licked my face and inside my mouth, causing me to spit her drool out. I really needed to find a boyfriend replacement, King just wasn't the best make out partner. Especially with her feather tail hitting me constantly.

I spent the morning drawing, reading and packing for the trip tomorrow. I was pretty excited, to be honest. Nico gave me Percy and Annabeth's numbers so I could ask them if King could come with. If I left her home alone for a week, I wasn't sure the house would survive. Plus I didn't know anybody here who could take care of her, because let's be honest. She always needs an eye on her.

Around eight Nico emerged from his room with his hair sticking up in every direction. I had to hold my breath so I didn't laugh. Being the kind person I am, I figured it would be rude if I did. I already had his breakfast on the counter with a mug of coffee to wake him up.

To me, coffee made me sleepy. Probably because of my ADHD and OCD. To Nico, he basically lived off the brown liquid.

"You're up early," I noted, walking over to the kitchen and propping my elbows on the counter. We really needed to get a table sometime.

"Mm, appointment," He mumbled, then took a long swig of the coffee, flattening his hair in the process.

"That's good."

Nico glared at me and I read his expression very well.

"When is it?"

"Nine," He supplied, now picking at the food on his plate. I counted in my head every time he took an actual bite and didn't just play with his food.

"I'll come with, I don't have anything else to do."

Nico shrugged and I figured the coffee just hadn't kicked in yet.

When he finished eating the small portion, he brought his plate to the sink and rinsed it off before squirting dish soap on it and scrubbing. I watched, lost in thought.

I may or may not have been daydreaming and staring. I couldn't help but curse his COPD! I was so close to kissing him. Inches away! My OCD part of me started talking though.

He pulled away because he didn't want to kiss you, you dork!

I tried to block it out.

He forced himself into the coughing fit to get you away. Take the hint, for gods sake Will! He slammed a door in your face. Why do you even try? He's too good for you, just look at him.