[8] Will

I kept tossing and turning in my sleep. I was certain that in the morning, my hair would be just as messy, if not messier than Nico's. Rolling onto my other side I made a silent swear on the river Styx not to open my eyes yet. I wouldn't give up on my sleep without a fight!

Turns out I'm not very good at keeping oaths. With a swoosh of air, my blanket was swept off of me and I sat up, opening my eyes to see what happened.

"Stop moving," Nico murmured to me, his back still facing me.

"Then give me my blanket back," I hissed, trying not to wake Reyna. In the few days I'd known her, I learned very quickly she was capable of teaching anyone a good lesson.

"Nope, it's mine now."
I rolled my eyes. "I don't have time for this, just give it back, I'm cold," I complained.

From over his shoulder I swore I saw Nico smirk. "Well I'm cold too, Solace, so quit whining and shut up before someone else wakes up."

"Whatever," I murmured, reaching over Nico to grab my blanket back.

The result was a mass of kicking, pulling, and whispered threats. Finally, i'd gotten it out of Nico's grasp, but the tension was too strong and I toppled off the mattress and fell onto the tile floor. Ow.

"That's what you get."
Nico was leaning over me from the bed, smirking. In the dark light his brown eyes looked like hardened chocolate. Like it was melted then cooled. His feathery hair obeyed gravity and fell towards me, allowing me to actually see his eyes since his hair wasn't in the way anymore. Supporting himself with his hands, he hovered over me as I stayed stunned, staring up at him.

I didn't even care about my pounding head from hitting the tile. Or how foolish I probably looked, my legs and one arm bent at odd angles, my mouth open just a bit and my hair messier than Nico's for once.

I have the right to say I am an intense fanboy. I read plnetly of fanfiction and what not. Most of the books are of two people who are obviously in love but both are oblivious. I sure hoped my life didn't turn into a fanfiction romance drama or something. If it did, I sure didn't it want it to be like the ones I have added to my reading list on Wattpad. I wasn't going to be oblivious anymore.

Gazing up at Nico di Angelo, I know one hundred and ten percent that I'm in love with him. Sure. sure. Call me a loser. I've only known him for like... how many days? Six or seven? Not even a week. But I did know him when I was a kid, and only now do I realize why I always felt empty growing up.

I thought I was just lonely. So I locked Nico's letters in my treasure box, then went on to find new friends, make a new life and have fun. But I never found whatever I was searching for because it was in my own lock box. I felt like an idiot looking back, I felt like an idiot right now.

After a full minute I realized I hadn't moved, I was paralized. Nico's gaze was still fixed on me and he had a cocky, amused smile. It made my heart flutter and beat a thousand times faster. Medically speaking, I should probably be dead.

"You're an idiot, Solace," Nico said, and the insult felt like the best compliment in the world.

"Thanks, I'm glad someone has spotted my pure talent," I joked back, still unable to get up off the floor.

"Pure talent? In what? Fishing?"
I rolled my eyes and finally came to my senses, getting up and wrapping the blanket over my shoulder.

"Move over," I told him and surprisingly he listened, giving me an exaggerated groan as he shifted to make room.

I allowed myself to fall onto the mattress and I glanced toward Nico. He'd already turned to face away from me, his body tense, making his already prominent spine and shoulder blades even more so. I gazed at the tattoo in the center of his back. I still wondered what was up with the bird theme and why the second tattoo, the older one, was of a bird being shot down. If it were up to me, I'd make a bird rising, flying higher and higher, soaring on it's spread wings.