[16] Will

Hot steam fogged the mirror as I dried off in the bathroom. A shower felt like Elysium but unfortuantely, it ended too soon. With the hand towl, I dried my hair, ruffling it up and then diggign around for a comb to flatten it. When my hair was hot and wet, it became more defined and curly, I didn't appreicate the different look as much but Nico supposedly loved it. Considering everytime he couldn't stop himself from running his fingers through it.

When I finsihed dressing adn brushed my teeth I turned the fan on with a flip of a switcha nd opened the door.

King barked happily from the brown leather couch but I decided not to bring her to class today. A white retreiver with the rbain of a border collie was never a good mix in a chemesry class. I was just lucky that it was only the introduction class, otherwise she could've caused a lot more probelms.

After I made breakfast and Nico's morning mug of coffee, I opened hte door to my bedroom and found my boyfriend stil lsleeping.

His hair was a complete rats nest, and his small form was curled up under at elast four layers of blnkets and sheets. I could tell he was still asleep becuase of how his chest rose and fell softly. No matter how many times I tried, I could never find a pattern for his irregular breathing, it seemed to be comeptely sponanious. Which medically speaking, made me wonder.

I carefully rolled him over, forcing hismelf to uncurl so he was fla ton his back.

"Wakey, wakey," I said, shaking him gently.

Nico murmured soemthing in itlaian, then tried to turn himself into a ball again. Like how a dog curled up to protect itself while sleeping.

"Come on, we ahve Biology again."

Nico wasn't impressed, he started to snore instead.

"Alright, fine, be this way," I huffed.

With a deep breath, I picked him up, slung him over my shoulder and started to jump on the tips of my toes, sucefully cuasing him to wake up and curse at me. The thing was, it was scieitfically proven if you hit somebody in this specific spot, near their sternum, htey'll laugh. If you do it right that is. And the way I was bouncing him, I was cosntnatly activating the trigger, cuasing his threats to be lost in fits of laughter. Not the cruelest way to wake someone up if I do say so myself.

"Get me--down. I'll--stop! Stop it--Will--William!" He yelled and I laughed with him.

When I decided he was awake enough I stopped jumping and carried him out to the kitchen where I set him down. Instead of grounding himself, Nico promplty allowed his legs to collpase nad dump him on the floor.

"I hate you," He muttered, leaning against he breakfast bar.

"I lvoe you too," I promised, brining his coffee to him.

A few minutes later my boyfirned was up, fed and energeized by coffee. He was doing dishes while I sorted through my notes and textbooks. It was the same scheudle as yesterday except I didn't have Art class last period.

"Gotta drive seperate since we don't ahve art," I reminded Nico, making a mental note to grab my kets ebfore I left.

"Yeah, I have Pathology last class but it's online so I'm doing it in the library," Nico explained as he turned off the faucet.

"I could hang out i nthe library if you don't mind," I offered.

"I'm not forgiving you for the wake up that easily."

"Laughter is a great way to start the day, Neeks."
"Forced laughter?"
"What, did you wnat me to come up with knock knock jokes?"

"God, please no," Nico whsipered as he looked up like he was praying to the heavens. "But either way you're not hanging with me in class, you're too distracting."
"I'm distracting? I'm the only one who pays attention in class anyway."
"Well I would pay attention more if you'd tone down your beauty, it's annoying," Nico slammed a plastic cup down like he was generally annoyed.