𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝑴𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒚 𝑺𝒖𝒇𝒋𝒂𝒏 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒔

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The sun was just on the cusp of setting, the outdoor balcony seating of the Jamaican restaurant was wrapped in a calm mixture of warmth and lighting. Timothée and I had already ordered, the appetizers coming first. 

"Timothée, you really didn't need to do all of this. It's just my birthday," I protested. 

"Y/n, we are already sitting down, and I can't help it, you're my girlfriend. Besides, it's also a nice excuse to get you in the dress I bought you," he pointed with his fork at the yellow sundress he bought for me JUST to wear today. 

"Your bank account must be fried," I rolled my eyes and laughed. 

"Yeah, but you're worth it. Totally worth it." I felt my cheeks become a light shade of pink. 

"By the way, you owe me a movie night, because you fell asleep during the movie last time," I brought up the events of the night before. 

"It's not my fault the Labyrinth is boring," Timothée mocked a child's voice. 

"Hey! Don't diss the Bowie, dude. Harsh," I snidely replied, reaching over and snatching some of the food off of his plate. 

"Hey! It's not even the entree!" 

Most of the time at the restaurant was spent joking around, a mini food fight with some Ackee, and have a playful argument over what movie we would watch on our next movie night. I might have also mockingly told him I was pouring water on him next time he fell asleep. 

The car ride home was spent rocking out to our "Guilty Pleasure Songs" playlist which consisted mostly of Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, and even Fergie, Timothée proudly singing every lyric of "Fergalicious" without fault.

By the time we got to our apartment, the night sky shown bright with stars. We walked in and plopped down on the couch, and it was a mutual decision for us both not to move. Turns out car karaoke is a lot more tiring then we anticipated. 

"Did you have a good day?" Timothée asked, pulling me closer to him. 

"Of course I did. But technically, the day's not even over yet." I sat up. "We still need a movie night to make up. And birthday law states that you have to do it."

Timothée threw his head back and groaned, "Fiiine," 

"Awww, I love you too Lil Timmy Tim," I said, getting up and running away before he could even respond because I knew all too well how much he hated being called by the name of his old rapper persona.

Getting changed into some knee-high white socks and one of Timothée's shirts (Which was so big on me, it acted as a dress), I slipped back out into the living room, seeing the couch where my boyfriend once sat completely bare.

"Tim?" I gently called into the open space of the flat. "Timmy?"

I sat back down on the couch, not knowing what the hell to do with myself, turning on the Roku and shifting through movies. 10 minutes had gone by and Tim was still nowhere to be seen. I already had a movie pulled up on the TV, ready to play, and the only thing missing was him

"Timothée!" I called out. Of course, no response. "Babe?"

The lights up above me had shut off, making me jump, the only thing that was allowing me to see anything was the glow of the TV screen. 

"Tim, come on, don't scare me!" I whined. He knew I was a scaredy-cat.

A soft golden glow emitted from the kitchen. It took a second for my eyes to adjust to the figure walking towards me. It was Tim, a small cake that was big enough for the two of us with simple white candles on top. 

He began to sing happy birthday. I could have melted right then and there. I loved the sound of Timothée's singing voice. He sounded so good, especially when I was the one he was singing to. My hands covered my mouth as I held back tears of joy.

 Tim was always so sweet, and half the time I didn't believe I deserved such nice and romantic treatment. As he finished the song, he set the cake on the coffee table as I closed my eyes, making my wish. 

𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑻𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓.

I blew out the candles, Tim bringing his hand up to my face and gently pulling me in, our lips touching in perfect sync. Whenever he and I kissed, it was like nothing else in the world mattered. 

"Tim, you didn't have to do all this," I muttered as Tim pulled back and looked in my eyes with a confused expression. 

"Of course I do, you're my girlfriend. I love you." Tim and I's foreheads touched, a smile forming on my face, "That reminds me," he reaches behind him, "There's one more gift that I forgot to give you," 

He held up a small wrapped box, gently placing it on my lap. 

I opened it carefully, revealing a velvet box. I opened it, and inside was a necklace. It had a rose gold chain and a small diamond-incrested star hanging from it. 

"Oh my god, Tim!" I looked at him, and of course, he had his signature goofy smile spread across his mouth. 

"Do you like it?" He asked. 

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth!" I laughed, more tears of joy forming in my eyes and spilling over as I set the necklace on the table and straddled him, kissing him passionately. 

"I love you, Timothée Chalamet." I pulled back, my arms around his neck. 

"I love you more, Y/n L/n."

"Doubt it."