𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦

𝑨 𝑻𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒚 𝑫𝒊𝒐𝒏 & 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒔

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"The Mountain View High School's 2013 prom King is..."

Everyone held their breath. Everyone knew that the competition was tight this year, many guys getting nominated, most notable being the boy I've had a crush on since Freshman year, Timothée Chalamet, MVHS's golden boy. 

"Timothée Chalamet!!" 

The gym erupted into applause and whistling, the girls violently crossing their fingers, praying to god they were the prom queen so they were able to have a chance with him. I was nominated by my friends as I joke. I was a people person, I could make friends with anyone, but I was more on the quiet side of things. 

Timothée walked up to the stage, waving and high-fiving his buds on the way up. As he stood there in his velvet suit, he looked so good, the light hitting him perfectly. He looked like an angel. 

"And the Mountain View High School Prom Queen crown goes to..."

The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a butter knife. All the girls completely froze, the room so quiet you could hear a pin drop. 

"Y/n L/n!!"

What. The. FUCK. 

I watched everyone turn to me, the room once again erupting in cheers of admiration. I never knew how many people liked me until now. I began to make my way to the stage, catching the stink-eyes of some of my competitors, mostly girls who made fun of me throughout my high school career. My heart was pumping out of my chest as I stepped up the stairs to get to the stage. Once I stood in the middle, I felt like a princess, a sash getting thrown around me, flowers shoved towards me, and a beautiful crown getting carefully placed on my head. 

I was half expecting a bucket of blood to come pouring down on my head and a secret superpower coming to life and killing everybody, but it never came. I suddenly felt Timothée take my hand and meekly whisper with a smile on his face: "Hi."

"And now it is time for the King and Queen's slow-dance!" 

As he guided me to the floor, I held his hand gently, his arm now wrapped around my waist. 

"Wow, I never thought this was going to happen." He said. 

"What? I'm the one who's shocked. Everyone voted for you." I said.

"No, not the crown. You. I never thought I would be dancing with you."

At first, I thought it was meant in an "I hate your guts and I didn't think you were going to win, get away from me" kinda way. 

"What's that supposed to mean, I nervously laughed. 

"I like you a lot, Y/n. I've just never had the courage to tell you. But now that you're here... wow." he gushed. 

I felt my cheeks turn a bright red as I laid my head on his chest. I was in a state of bliss. 

"I feel the same way, King Chalamet" I laughed. 

"Okay, never call me that again," he laughed. 

"Noted." 

We stopped laughing, now looking into each other's eyes. 

I don't know why I did it. But to this day I'm still glad I did. I leaned in gently, making our lips meet, not caring about the growls of jealousy of the other girls who wished they were me.

In that moment I felt like everything was worth it. And I knew one thing for certain. That I liked Timothée, he liked me, and his lips were on mine.