🐰POV

Jimin created a warm nest of towels in a box and left me a plate of hay and some carrots. It nourished my vegetarian side, but I was anxious for the day I could eat a steak as a human again. A nice grilled tri-tip was sounding better and better as the days passed. Not to mention, I had other cravings that needed to be satisfied.

There’s a reason rabbits procreate so readily. We’re horny as fuck. I don’t know the biology behind it, but whenever I was in my bunny body, I was always in a strange state of arousal, seeking out a mate. The bunny friends I met in an internet group for those of us blessed with the recessive gene had similar experiences in their animal forms. But most of them were mated so they had someone to help them sate those needs. Unfortunately for me, I usually got stuck with some videos and my hand after I shifted back to human.

Of course, I’d never been in my bunny state for more than a few hours at a time, and I had a feeling my need for release would be tenfold by the time I finally had a hand again.

Watching Jimin walk around the house naked before and after his showers was also messing with my head. The first time he walked into the kitchen where my box was stationed, I turned away, wanting to give him some privacy. But then I remembered he had no idea I wasn’t 100% rodent. In fact, he probably didn’t even know shifters existed. As soon as I realized that, I gave myself permission to fully perv out on the guy, watching his cock swing as he walked and craning my neck for a better view when he bent down to pick up the water dish on the floor just a few feet in front of me.

I’d pretty much been in a constant state of arousal since I started healing. When I finally released all this pent-up need, I expected it would be the biggest load of my life. But thinking about that moment just made matters worse. Instead, I tried to focus on Jimin and his constant chatter. Truthfully, it was kinda nice to hear him talking to me about the other animals and his concerns over Jisung. But it also made me want to shift back into my human form even more.

“I think one of his dogs was shot today.” Jimin sighed as he cradled me in the crook of his arm and rubbed my belly.

No human had ever handled me in this form before, so it was disconcerting at first. But now I looked forward to those moments when I could hear his heartbeat thudding in his chest and the soft breaths against my fur as he spoke.

“I’m not positive, but that’s what it sounded like. So, he might not be by to see you for a few more days.” Jimin looked out the window then down at me. “Or should we go check on him? I mean, I don’t think he’s in any real danger, but now I’m getting kinda worried.”

Jimin carried me to the window and stared out toward his neighbor’s house. “You’d tell me if we needed to check on him, right, Bunny?”

I twitched my nose and did my best head nod without making it obvious I could understand what he was saying. It’s not like I actually knew the kid or what was happening at his house. I just wanted Jimin to feel heard...and to keep talking.

Jimin nodded down at me then walked back to the fridge and pulled out a beer. “Yeah, you’re right. He’s probably just comforting his other dog. He’ll be by soon.”

The beer looked so good. It was one of the first times when I wanted to shift out of Jimin’s grip and become human again...so I could have a damn beer. But I still wasn’t strong enough. Once the blood I’d lost was fully replenished, I’d be able to regain my human form and walk right out the front door.

Or into Jimin’s bed.

I hadn’t fully decided what I’d do at that point. It wasn’t like I could just tell Jimin I was a bunny shifter. He’d never understand and would probably tranquilize me and hand me over to researchers...or a mental institution.

I curled into the warmth of Jimin’s chest and dozed off.

“...think I’m crazy, right?”

I opened my eyes and saw Jimin staring down at me.

“And you’d be right. I am crazy.” He chuckled humorlessly and took a swig of his beer.

I glanced at the table and saw three empty bottles lined up beside him. He was so warm, and he smelled so good. I could stay tucked up against him forever. My eyes started to drift shut again when he jostled slightly.

“I mean, look at me. I’m sitting here, talking to a rabbit as if you’re my best friend, and actually considering what my life would look like if I stayed on this damn farm.”

Stayed? What else would he do? This was his home, wasn’t it?

“Just because this was my favorite place to be when I was a kid doesn’t mean this is where I belong as an adult.” He shifted his weight so he was lying on the sofa with me still on his chest.

I moved up a few inches so I was burrowing in his neck. If I could have shifted, I would have. I would have become a human man, naked and aroused on top of Jimin’s sexy body as he was pinned to the cushions. But I wasn’t ready to shift back. Not yet, anyway. I just needed a few more days, and then I’d be healed enough to shift.

“But fuck, I like it.” He lifted me up with both hands and held me in front of his face so he was looking right into my eyes. “And you, sweet thing, make me feel like this is exactly where I should be...doing exactly what I should be doing.”

My heart was racing when he rubbed his nose against mine then tucked me back against his neck.

“Who knows? Maybe I’ll just have to take you back home with me when I leave. I’m kinda getting used to having you around.”

Good

😳 three updates in a row