Chapter 1

"Sigurado ka na ba dito, iha?" Tanong ng madre sa kanya. Tinignan n'yang muli ang sanggol na hawak nito.

"S-sigurado na ho ako." She said and looked away. Narinig n'ya ang pagbuntong hininga ng madre. Napatingin ulit s'ya sa kanyang anak,

"P-pwede ko po ba s'yang buhatin bago ako umalis?" She asked. The nun nodded her head. Ibinigay naman nito ang sanggol sa kanya. She kissed her daughter's forehead. "I'm sorry, anak." She whispered.

She cried while carrying her baby. Memories of what could-have-beens and what-ifs flooded her head.

What if her husband didn't cheat on her?
What if she let her husband know that she's pregnant?
What could have been their lives now?

She caressed her daughter's face. "Sorry, honey. Mommy had to do this. Sorry kung pati ikaw madadamay sa gulo namin ng daddy mo. Ayoko mang gawin ito pero kailangan, anak. I can't take care of you while I am not whole." She said while tears streaming down her cheeks.

She kissed her daughter's forehead one last time then gave her to the nun.

"Sister, kayo na po ang bahala sa anak ko. Ipinagkakatiwala ko po sya sa inyo. Please do take care of her. Please?" Pagsusumamo nya rito.

"Makakaasa ka, anak. Kung magbago man ang isip mo, kahit anong oras maaari mong balikan dito ang anak mo." The nun told her.

She nodded.

"Her name is Sabrina Thalia." She said and went out.

Lea went to London after leaving her daughter to the orphanage. She became a full time doctor there.

Nilunod nya ang kanyang sarili sa trabaho para makalimot. She doesn't want to think of the things that hurt her the most.

She doesn't want to think her husband.

She doesn't want to think about her daughter.

It pains her every time she remembers that day her husband cheated on her. She remembers everything. Every single bit of that nightmare.

Her heart is breaking every time that memory of leaving her daughter. She's so little. She doesn't deserve this kind of life. Her daughter doesn't deserve a mother like her.

"Are you sure about this, Lea?" Regina asked.

They're having a video call right now. She sighed as she nodded her head. Tomorrow is her flight. Ilang taon na din ang nakalipas simula nung umalis s'ya sa Pilipinas. Honestly, she doesn't know if she can do this.

"Am I ready to see him?" She asked herself. 

"I don't know, Celestinne. I'm not yet ready to see him." She told her as she tries to hold back her tears.

Every time she hears something about him, it pains her. She remembers what he did to her before. She wanted to kill him for making her feel like this; for hurting her. But God knows she can't. She loves him that much even if it hurts like hell. Oo, mahal pa din n'ya ito kahit unti unti s'yang pinapatay ng mga nagawa nito sa kanya.

"If you're not ready yet, then don't push yourself on this, Lei. Hayaan mong gumaling muna ang sakit na nararamdaman mo." Regina said.

She took a deep breath, "I'll do this, Celestinne. I need to do this." She heard her sighed. 

"Sasabihin mo ba sa kanya ang tungkol sa a--" She wasn't able to finish what she's about to say when Lea interrupted her.

"NO! I will not tell him." Saad n'ya.

"Lei, he deserves to know." Regina said, trying to convince her.

"No, he doesn't deserve to know about it." She looked away, avoiding her gaze. She remembers her again. "Kumusta na kaya s'ya?" She thought.

"Lei--"

She sighed, "Regina, not now. Please."

"I'm sorry". Regina said, sincerely.

She sighed. A deep one.

"I need to go now. I still need to pack some of my things." Pagpapaalam n'ya.

"Okay. Ingat ka sa flight mo tomorrow." Regina said as she waved her hands.
Lea did the same as she ended the call.

She took a deep breath once again — telling herself, "Let's do this!"

Hi, everyone! We hope you are all doing just fine.
Stay at home! Stay safe! This, too, shall pass.
Sending you all much love!! ❤️