Chapter 2

Calling all passengers boarding for Manila, Philippines, you may now proceed to gate 4. Again, calling all passengers boarding for Manila, Philippines, please proceed to gate 4.

"Alright. This is it. Walang nang urungan 'to." Lea thought.

She went to gate 4 of the airport. The airplane boarding for Manila is about to take off.

She settled herself in. She opened her phone and went straight to text Regine that the plane will soon take off and they will see each other soon.

"I'm so excited to see you, Lei. Sobrang miss na kita." Regine replied.

"Me, too, Reg. I miss you so much, too." She replied then turn her phone off.

16 hours of flight was really long. Pero hindi nya ito naalintana sapagkat iniisip nya kung ano ba ang magiging buhay nya pagbalik ng Pilipinas.

Will her life be better in the Philippines?
What will she do of she will see him?
Is she ready?

The plane landed safely. She texted Regine that the plane just landed.

"I'm here na at the waiting area. I'll wait you here. Grabe, mas nauna pa ako kesa sayo!" Lea texted her.

"Sorry na po. Traffic jam. Nyeta!" Regine replied.

She just cackled upon reading her friend's reply.

"Haaay, Regina... ikaw na ikaw pa rin." She thought then smiled.

After a couple of minutes, Regine arrived and she quickly saw Lea sitting on one of the benches on the waiting area.

"Lea Victoria!!!!!!" She shouted and run towards her.

Lea smiled. That genuine smile of hers.

She misses her best friend so much.

As soon as Regine got near her, she hugged her really tight.

"I missed you, Lei. Sobrang namiss kita." She said while hugging her.

"I missed you, too, Reg. It's good to be back." She replied and broke the hug.

Regine can't contain herself. She cried.

Lea then caressed her cheeks.

"Oh, why are you crying? Baka akala nila pinaiyak kita." She said and cackled.

"I am just so happy that you're here now. Nung umalis ka, hindi ko alam kung paano na ako. Thank you for coming back, Lei." She confessed.

Tears started to stream on Lea's cheeks. She remembered how Regine cried really hard over the phone when Lea called her and telling her that she went out of the country for good. For almost two years, Regine didn't talk to her. She shut her out. Lea understood her friend's action. She left without everyone's knowledge.

"Don't cry na. I'm here now. You have me na already. Hindi na ako aalis." She said and held Regine's hands.

"Subukan mo lang, Lea Victoria Mor— ay este Sarmiento. Ay hindi, Morales ka pa rin pala." She said and laughed.

Lea raised her eyebrow. "This woman. Really." She thought.

"Alam mo, tara na nga. Masama sayo ang umiiyak. Kung ano-ano nalang sinasabi mo." Lea said while smiling timidly.

"I really needed to get rid of this surname. I hate it!" She said at the back of her mind.

They went off to Regine's car and settled Lea's luggages at the back.

Lea sat on the front seat while Regine's the one driving.

"Ay oo nga pala, saan kita ihahatid?" Regine asked curiously.

"Makati. Sa condo ko." She replied.

"Why there? Ayaw mo ba sa bahay ng parents mo?" Regine asked.

"Mas malapit dito sa Makati eh. Saka nako uuwi don." She simply said and focused her eyes outside.

Regine didn't say anything. She knows she's tired from her flight.

"I'll just order food pagdating don sa condo. Doon ka na muna din kumain." Lea suggested.

"Okay. Dapat lang na pakainin mo ako 'no. Ako kaya nagsundo sayo!" Regine said.

"Heto na nga oh. Ako na nga yung mag oorder for us. Galit na galit?" Lea said and giggled.

Regine just laughed and continued to focus her eyes on the road.

She opened her condo's door. She missed it in here. Ten years of not being home makes her heart skips a bit.

The two ladies settled Lea's luggages inside and sat on the couch after.

"What do you want?" Lea said her.

"My pasalubongs." Regine non-melacholy replied.

"Sira! I mean, anong gusto mong kainin? Diba I'll order nalang?" She said and cackled.

"Pizza and pasta. And chicken please." Regine said.

"Ang dami ah. Gutom na gutom ka, te?" She laughed.

"Oo. I'm really hungry. Di ako kumain e." Regine replied.

Lea just giggled on her friend's reply. She went on to get the number from the restaurant's website and ordered their food.

Few minutes later, her doorbell rang.

"Ayan na yata ang pagkain natin. Sandali at kukunin ko lang." Lea said to Regine whose the latter is busy with her phone.

She went to get the door.

Shocked was all over her face.

"What are you doing here?"

Hey, guys!
Chapter 2 is up!
Enjoy reading!

Stay safe, everyone! ❤️