Chapter Four- Oh...

(Kakyoins POV)

And just like that, Jotaro and I got closer and closer. Everyday was almost the same, we'd meet up and walk to school together. Talk to eachother every chance we got, say our goodbyes once we headed back home...
Except it wasn't like that this time, Jotaro started being a little more distant. I tried to brush it off as it just being a small thing, but it wasn't.
It was the weekend, and I decided to head over to his place to check on him.

. . .

I knock on Jotaros door to his room...
Then I open it.

"Hello?" I look over to Jotaro, who looks hurt.
"Eh? Jotaro what happened?"
He looks at me with his usual expression, like I should know what happened.
"A fight. Right,right." I say as I sigh. 'Jotaro has been in even more fights lately.'
Jotaro walks over to me, "what are you doing here."
"Oh I thought I'd stop by, since it's the weekend..." I try to smile, but i end up frowning.

"You didn't have to."

'Why is this all happening so quickly, just a week ago we were getting along just fine. Is it something I did?'
I try to think of a perfect solution to his actions, but nothing comes to mind.
"Um, Jotaro...I know you've been distant from me, you're probably not doing it on purpose, or maybe you are..."
I look up at Jotaro, who's still making the same the same expression. I feel as the atmosphere changes, it's unsettling. It's as if there's a huge space between the two of us.
"I know we're not close enough to be bestfriends or anything. But, you know that you can talk to me."

The atmosphere thickens, it's like I can't breathe.

'I want to leave.'

It looks like Jotaro is trying to find the right words to say, but ends up staying quiet.

'Leave.'

"So, um yeah."

'I want to leave, just leave, he wouldn't care.'

"I'm going to head back to my house now... see you tomorrow." I wave a bit, then leave his room and exit the home. I take quick breaths, 'I feel like that hurt me somehow.'
I walk slower than usual, feeling uneasy.

I finally get back to my house and open the door. "I'm back!" I say aloud, but quickly walk to my room and flop onto my bed. "I don't want to do anymore things today, I want to sleep..." I say as I fall asleep.

(The next day...)

I wake up, then get myself together, and head to school.

'I feel like something's off today, well more than usual.' I reach the spot where Jotaro and I usually meet up.

'...'

"He's not coming."

I could feel my heart ache a little, but I continue walking...

I reach school and walk inside, I could hear some of the girls whispering.

"Jotaro's not with Kakyoin, did he not come today?"

"Probably."

"What if they aren't friends anymore."

I carry on with my day.

. . .

It comes to the end of the day, as always, I gather my things.

But I don't wait for Jotaro.

As I walk, i think to myself, 'It feels weird walking all alone, I'd always walk with Jotaro now but...'

"Hopefully he's okay."